Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The draw play by Thomas Jones (getting a first down on 3rd-and-22) near the end of the first half was the spark.

The reason I mention it:

It was the first running play on 3rd-and-20+ to get a first down in the NFL since 1999.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Bears
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
        The draw play by Thomas Jones (getting a first down on 3rd-and-22) near the end of the first half was the spark.

The reason I mention it:

It was the first running play on 3rd-and-20+ to get a first down in the NFL since 1999.
        You are right.

That running play was so integral to the Bears' success.

It was also the reason Eli Manning sucked so bad tonight.

Just ask Al Michaels.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Tom Coughlin is a stand-up guy.
          Took the hit, made no excuses despite all the injuries.
          Very classy.
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Tom Coughlin is a stand-up guy.
            During the game he *****ed, moaned and threw a fit at every single call.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Quite a contrast to Lovie. Still, I give him credit for saying the FG attempt was his call, and for not throwing Eli -- who was terrible -- under the bus.

Interesting that Lovie Smith interviewed for the Giants job when Coughlin got it.

Comment

• At the time, I think the Giants wanted someone who could kick the team in the ass, after the feeling that the team was too soft after the Fassel years. Coughlin is the prototype ass kicking coach.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Prototype? No, that would be Ditka.

Comment

• Ditka ain't coaching no more. I'm doubting the Giants lure him out of retirement.

And Parcells at his peak was more of the prototype than Ditka, but Parcells has softened greatly. The real prototype is, of course, Lombardi, but he's dead.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• archetype?
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144
                        archetype?
                        Yeah, that's probably a better word choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                          Ditka ain't coaching no more. I'm doubting the Giants lure him out of retirement.

And Parcells at his peak was more of the prototype than Ditka, but Parcells has softened greatly. The real prototype is, of course, Lombardi, but he's dead.
                          So you agree Coughlin's pretty far down that list...

Comment

• A Danish guy needs only 24 more points to become the most scoring NFL player of all time.

This, to be quite honest, is all I know.

Comment

• The Great Dane
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Hey, I've been here every week. I was here when they were getting trashed by Miami. I was posting while they were getting pasted in the first half tonight.

You could look it up.

BTW, I see Tiki got more yards than Eli tonight.
                                That can't be good...
                                I had already looked it up, but had to go to the store, so didn't have a chance to say:

ALL BEARS FANS EXCEPT JRABBIT!!!!

ACK!
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X