Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 year old shoots younger brother- intentionally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

i have a pathetic life, you ****ing a-hole? Oh really? How so? I actually have a social life, while you degenerates are on here all day.
    how would you know my posting habits unless you were on here all day? pwnd
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I got a PM from Ming, check your PM's boys
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

Well that's a pity since my dad is giving me his Colt M1911, as he already has another handgun.
        good gun. Is it the A1 model? I'm sure it is. this was a newer model, but still came about like 80 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Well that's dubious as well, almost national self delusion. Why do you have all those wimpy sports if that is so?

This article from the New England journal of Medicine points out that the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealnd all share similar cultures and violent histories and yet only the USA has the horrific gun toll today because it doesn't control firearms as effectively as the others.
          We are more violent across the board. Certainly gun deaths are going to be higher where guns are many times more common, but it is obvious that there is a general violence problem in the U.S. that handily outstrips the violence problems of Canada (see Krazy Horse's stats) in every category except suffocation, most by 2-1.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• you are now - wasn't always so

We still think of Americans as rather soft - that's why they need guns - Dutch courage
            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

you are now - wasn't always so

We still think of Americans as rather soft - that's why they need guns - Dutch courage
              yeah we just aren't tough like crocodile dundee or the crocodile hunter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mordoch

The second ammendment has never been upheld in the way the gun rights advocates have interpreted it by the Supreme Court, who really has not said one way or the other on this issue, so your interpretation could be the correct one. It very well may only apply to a well regulated government approaved militia force.
                It has also never been upheld in a way even faintly requiring gun owners / bearers to be members of any formal or even informal militia. The closest thing so far (Miller IIRC) basically stated that a law against sawed off shotguns was constitutional because sawed off shotguns were not military weapons. Basically the Supremes have avoided the issue almost completely throughout our history.

Of course since the SC ruling on the execution of minors recently it seems obvious that the constitution now means whatever 5 justices feel it should mean, rather than what the intent of the framers was or what the court has ever said in the past. Instead we'll now look to trends internationally for ideas to spruce up that dreary old constitution, so that the Supremes won't have to pretend that they're Canadian to avoid embarrassment as they summer on the continent.

Comment

you are now - wasn't always so

I've been in scores of fist fights, but never really found that it took much courage. In fact a lot of times they were enjoyable. I can't say that I ever felt the same way about gunfights.

Comment

• I have been in only a few fist fights and I dont think i was exited or anything I was more concerned with not getting my ass kicked. But as for the gunfights, and since its not the wild west of the 1800's Im gonna have to pass on that. Guns need to be regulated a lot more then they are. Not every indvidual should be entitiled beause its in the constitution. The wacko who has freaked out in life needs not to have that gun.
                    I didnt get a pm from Ming should I feel left out?
                    When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                    "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                    Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

yeah we just aren't tough like crocodile dundee or the crocodile hunter.
                      er poor examples

Its like your sports, why do they wear all that padding?

My 8 year old is in a rugby carnival today - no padding, just full on body contact and violence. Its freeezing today and the ground will be a mud bowl. Looks like its going to rain. They will play on.

The tackling is spectacular - little kids are fearless. With any luck none of them will lose any teeth or have to go to hospital.

Then we see gridiron and think, what a bunch of girls those Americans are. Helmets for Pete's sake???

Take baseball, if the player gets hit that's bad. In cricket, hurting the player is good. They go for the fingers, toes, groin, ribs, head. Cricketers play on with broken bones. If you can run anymore, they bring on a runner. If you get it you have to take it like a man. Baseball players who get hit throw a hissy fit.
                      Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 16, 2005, 17:02.

Comment

er poor examples

Its like your sports, why do they wear all that padding?

My 8 year old is in a rugby carnival today - no padding, just full on body contact and violence. Its freeezing today and the ground will be a mud bowl. Looks like its going to rain. They will play on.

The tackling is spectacular - little kids are fearless. With any luck none of them will have to go to hospital.

Then we see gridiron and think, what a bunch of girls those Americans are. Helmets for Pete's sake???

Take baseball, if the player gets hit that's bad. In cricket, hurting the player is good. They go for the fingers, toes, groin, ribs, head. Cricketers play on with broken bones. If you can run anymore, they bring on a runner. If you get it you have to take it like a man. Baseball players who get hit throw a hissy fit.
                        Oh hell Isnt that a lot extreme. I have to say you hit me in the head with a baseball flying 100 mph id be a bit upset not to mention on the floor a lot unconcious
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

• yeah, thats my point - then those baseballers all run in and have a fight. What's wrong with hitting someone in the head? Where is their self discipline? Why do they flinch? Why doesn't the batter just take it like a man? Thats what we think when we see that crap on TV.

In cricket they just say "good ball" when the batter is hit in the head and keep going. Carry off the batsman if necessary

Comment

• Originally posted by Dissident

good gun. Is it the A1 model? I'm sure it is. this was a newer model, but still came about like 80 years ago.
                            Maybe.. I'll have to check..

It is in great condition too..
                            Last edited by Giancarlo; March 16, 2005, 17:14.
                            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

yeah, thats my point - then those baseballers all run in and have a fight. What's wrong with hitting someone in the head? Where is their self discipline? Why do they flinch? Why doesn't the batter just take it like a man? Thats what we think when we see that crap on TV.

In cricket they just say "good ball" when the batter is hit in the head and keep going. Carry off the batsman if necessary
                              SH** that is harsh, Carring off the guy who just got pinged,Dam good thing my kids dont play cricket Id be in the E.R. often

Comment

• Here's Rick McCosker famously batting on with a broken jaw. He got hit in the head by a fast ball, went to hospital and got it wired and came back to bat on and help save the game. He made no complaints. This is the sort of courage we admire.

My point here is not we're tougher than you, but we don't see your society as any more violent than ours.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Alexander's Horse; March 16, 2005, 17:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X