No announcement yet.

I hooah enlisted today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed traveling all over the world on somebody else's dime.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ok...found out where exactly I'll be. HHC (-Det1) 1st Bn 116th Inf And I'll be the 3rd platoon leader for a short while apparently.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Now who needs to get real?
        Ouch, I'm hurt...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH, it can actually jump start a career and looks well on a resume if you choose the right specialty. Just ask the guys making $100k because the military trained them to be air traffic controls, or heavy equipment operators, or learned to fly, or many others. It also helps to exit college with zero debt and even have government money to buy a house, go to graduate school, or even education benefits for your kids.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse

I'm a PFC, not a Private
            I forgot...the Army needs twice as man Privates as the USMC to get things done.

You're still a private. I went to "A" school with those Army '*****. We had Airman, Marines, Army, and Casties (as well as miscellaneous "allied countries") at school. The Army was the most retarded, in it's actions and rules it gave it's E4 & below.

But hey, you wanted to go 2 years without wearing civvies, more power to you.

Anyway, this is only for about 2 years anyway...then I'll commission.
            Tell me how that works out for you.
            Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
              But hey, you wanted to go 2 years without wearing civvies, more power to you.

Tell me how that works out for you.
              I already go to a military college without civies.

And I will commission. I'm SMPing
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

? It's military intelligence....not that much paper

I'll get a top secret level security clearance eventually too. So it's fun.
                Not if you keep talking.....
                "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Re: Re: Re: I hooah enlisted today

Originally posted by Oerdin

When I took it 150 was max. You needed to average at least 120 to get in to Psyops plus they wanted you to pass the DLAB so they could send you to language school in Monterrey.
                  I went to school there in 1984-1985. Several of my classmates were Psyops. All were reservists.
                  He's got the Midas touch.
                  But he touched it too much!
                  Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Ouch, I'm hurt...
                    Destroyed by my logicallness and skewered by my rapier wit?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I already go to a military college without civies.

And I will commission. I'm SMPing
                      I was in the Corps of Cadets at Texas A&M for two years. There's a difference in the buddies you form in situations like that, and dealing with the bottem feeders while you can't leave the base unless you get permission first.
                      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

Destroyed by my logicallness and skewered by my rapier wit?
                        No. And the word is 'logic'.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Turns out me and one of the other two platoon leaders are old friends. He was actually a mentor to me at VMI. Works out well.

Sikander, any books you suggest I read to prepare for S2 work?

Comment

Oh, and apparently I'd be going to Kosovo, not the middle east if I wasn't SMPing so you can stop making jokes about the middle east

Comment

Working...
                            X