No announcement yet.

Gather round my sleepy children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today or tomorrow. Start thinking (if you haven't already, which I somehow find unlikely) in general terms about what kind of society you want. I'm still hammering at the rules, trying to get them finely tuned, everything else is done.
    Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

Let the plotting commence! Yay!

It's probably way too late to be making suggestions, but a planet with a really elliptical orbit, like a cometary orbit, might be cool.
      Last edited by appleciders; June 26, 2005, 16:16.
      "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
      phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
      three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

I need your help!
        Everything's done, but alot of the stuff is done in a spreadsheet. I always figured I'd put it in a chart like the one Micha had for those AHENES units he ended up not using---but I foolishly never looked at the code until just now, and it's insane. There's got to be some way to auto generate it. Anyone?
        Those walls are absent of glory as they always have been. The people of tents will inherit this land.

Comment

You could do it in a graphics format, with multiple layers / vectors it would be easy to update. Although I guess that's not easier if you aren't familiar with using a graphics program.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm not familiar with graphics programs, but that does give me an idea that might work. Sorry folks, this might take longer if what I'm about to try doesn't work.

Comment

Nope. well this could be very onerous. I'll work more on alternate solutions tomorrow.

Comment

Terrible sadness.

Comment

If you´re using Excel or OpenOffice, there´s an option "export to html". The resulting code could be easily copy-pasted into poly. (Or even better, upload the html and link to it)
                  Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
                  Let me eat your yummy brain!
                  "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

I wish I could offer help, but I'm way out of my league here. Good luck!

Comment

If the updates are rather simple I might be willing to do it in a graphics program for you.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Actually, just go to "save as" and chose "html document" instead of whatever is default. Of course you still need the table for yourself, since html won´t calculate anything. It´s just needed so that everyone too lazy to get openoffice ( http://www.openoffice.org/ FREEWARE ) will be able to view it.
                        Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES

Comment

If you guys need ideas...always check CFC, theres a whole bunch of good ideas that have failed either from a lazy mod or not enough players.

I want to join something, since I cant mod anything.

Comment

you should check out the Solar System NES thread, now is the prime time to get yourself a custom made empire-in-the-making.

Comment

You know, I'd tried CFC but every NES I joined died within three turns. Poly has fewer choices, since there are fewer people, but at least the NESes last more than a week. Plus it's cool to NES with the same people, you get to know them all a bit.

I pulled the Gnome NES from CFC, it seemed like a fun idea. You could jump in there, too.
                              Last edited by appleciders; July 1, 2005, 02:54.

Comment

Methril!!! Come, please join the Solar System NES! (The Gnome one already has enough players)

Good to see you here

Comment

Working...
                                X