X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dip 55: Hagakure Diplomacy Autumn 1576 Results

Dip 55: Hagakure Diplomacy Autumn 1576 Results

THOUGHT FOR THE PHASE:

“A person who does not want to be struck by the enemy’s arrows will have no divine protection. For a man who does not wish to be hit by the arrows of a common soldier, but rather by those of a warrior of fame, there will be the protection for which he has asked.”
    -----Tsunetomo, Yamamoto “Hagakure, Book of the Samurai”

GM COMMENTS:

We say goodbye to another player this turn – Asakura has finally been destroyed by the Shimazu and Uesugi vultures that have been circling for the last few turns. Snowfire, thankyou for playing, and I hope you enjoyed it. Your moves have always been on time and you have been a courteous and friendly player – thankyou. EOG statements are always welcome if you have the time. At the end of the day, you were the classic middle country caught between the giants, with little room for manoeuvre and little scope for leverage.

ORDERS:

Shimazu – Ruffhaus8 (green)
    F-Wakasa Bay > Tango (*bounce*)
    F-Hoki SUPPORTS A-Bizen > Inaba (ok)
    F-Izumo SUPPORTS F-South Sea of Japan > Wakasa Bay (ok)
    F-South Sea of Japan > Wakasa Bay (*bounce*)
    F-Nagato SUPPORTS F-Korea Strait > South Sea of Japan (*bounce*)
    A-Bizen > Inaba (ok)
    A-B!tchu > Bizen (ok)
    F-Kanto Sea SUPPORTS Chosokabe F-Kii > Iga (*support cut*)

Hojo – Defiant (dark purple)
    F-Owari > Atsumi Bay (ok)
    A-Ise > Omi (*bounce*)
    A-Mikawa SUPPORTS F-Ise (ok)
    F-Iga SUPPORTS F-Pacific > Kanto Sea (*support broken, dislodged, DESTROYED*)
    F-Totomi Sea SUPPORTS F-Pacific > Kanto Sea (ok)
    F-Pacific > Kanto Sea (*bounce*)
    F-Izu > Pacific (*bounce*)
    A-Sagami SUPPORTS A-Kai (ok)
    A-Kai SUPPORTS A-Sagami (ok)

Uesugi – El Awrence (dark blue)
    A-Tango SUPPORTS F-Inaba (*support broken*)
    F-Inaba SUPPORTS A-Tango (*support broken, dislodged, DESTROYED*)
    F-Noto > Wakasa bay (*bounce*)
    F-Sea of Japan SUPPORTS F-Noto > Wakasa Bay (ok)
    F-Toyama Bay > North Sea of Japan (ok)
    A-Mino > Echizen (ok)
    A-Hida SUPPORTS A-Mino > Echizen (ok)
    A-S.Shinano > Mino (ok)
    A-N.Shinano > S.Shinano (ok)

Chosokabe – MDR (light purple)
    F-Kii > Iga (ok)
    F-Settsu HOLD (ok)
    F-Bingo HOLD (ok)
    F-Inland Sea > Osaka Bay (ok)
    F-Kii Strait SUPPORTS Shimazu F-Kanto Sea (ok)
    F-Tosa Bay SUPPORTS Shimazu F-Kanto Sea (ok)

Oda – His Divine Shadow (red)
    A-Omi SUPPORTS Asakura A-Echizen (*support broken*)
    A-Yamashiro SUPPORTS A-Omi (ok)
    A-Yamato SUPPORTS Chosokabe F-Kii > Iga (ok)

Asakura – Snowfire (yellow) - EOG
    A-Echizen HOLD (*dislodged, retreat OTB, EOG*)

MAP:
    Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I have just noticed a mistake on the map – Shimazu A-B!tchu should be in Bizen. Sorry, I’m away from PC access most of the weekend so won’t be able to update it. Please just imagine it, or if someone wants to change the map for me…

SC COUNT AND ADJUSTMENTS:

Total SCs: 37
    SCs required for solo: 25
    Home SCs in CAPITALS

Shimazu (+Inaba)
    10 SCs (SATSUMA, OSUMI, CHIKUGO, BUNGO, HIZEN, TSUSHIMA, NAGATO, IWAMI, IZUMO, Inaba)
    1 build

Hojo
    9 SCs (OWARI, MIKAWA, TOTOMI, IZU, KAI, SAGAMI, KAZUSA, HITACHI, MUTSU)
    1 build

Uesugi (+Echizen, -Inaba)
    9 SCs (KOZUKE, ECHIGO, NOTO, SADO, MUSASHI, S.SHINANO, N.SHINANO, MINO, Echizen)
    1 build

Chosokabe
    6 SCs (TOSA, IYO, BINGO, KAWACHI, KII)
    No Change

Oda
    3 SCs (OMI, YAMATO, YAMASHIRO)
    No Change

Asakura
    0 SCs, EOG
    Eliminated 1576

Mori
    0 SCs
    Eliminated 1574

Takeda
    0 SCs
    Eliminated 1573

DEADLINE:

Builds in by Sunday 14 October at 1159GMT please.

POWER RANKINGS:

1) SHIMAZU – At last beginning to take the upper hand, Shimazu is now in a very strong position. Controlling the sea in the north while stalemating it in the south, and now with armies marching on central Japan, and what seems to be a close alliance with Chosokabe. A combined Hojo-Uesugi force can still pose a threat, but it must work better in unison if it to have any effect.

2) HOJO – Suffering slightly in the naval battle against Shimazu/Chosokabe, Hojo must find a way to break the deadlock if further expansion is the goal. There is little room for manoeuvre in central Japan and close coordination with Uesugi seems the most likely strategy to succeed.

3) UESUGI – Also taking a hit this turn, Uesugi must compose himself better in the next few years if he is to stop the green tide sweeping north. With slightly more room for movement than Hojo, Uesugi may be able to open a broader front in the war and open it up.

4) CHOSOKABE – Now seemingly well in the Shimazu camp, Chosokabe has seen his utility improve this turn, with an important advance into Iga. The strength of his supports for Shimazu’s F-Kanto Sea prove that this is not just a one-sided relationship, and there could be gains in central Japan soon. A lack of armies could hold him back however.

5) ODA – It is difficult to see a way out for Oda, but he has sided with Shimazu/Chosokabe and this could serve him well. However, being on the front line of the war will probably mean Oda will be the next casualty. Things look very bleak.

GAME CONTACTS:

GM: The Orange One
    email: the_orange1@hotmail.com

Shimazu: Ruffhaus
    email: ruffhaus8@aol.com

Uesugi: El Awrence
    email: hodad1984@mixmail.com

Oda: His Divine Shadow
    email: zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

Hojo: Defiant
    email: defiant@charter.net

Chosokabe: MDR
    Email: mikedr@gte.net
    Last edited by the_orange1; October 14, 2001, 12:11.
    "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Uesugi! I have made you my B!tchu, cowardly dog! Your rickety barges have been destroyed. Now do as your MASTER commands - raise an army of those peasants you call warriors in Mushashi, and deliver me Hojo's head on a pike. Do this and I may allow you to survive and clean out the kennels of your breatheren!
    What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

You want Hojo's head, why don't you shut that big trap and come and get it, you're not man enough.
      Lets always remember the passangers on United Flight 93, true heroes in every sense of the word!

(Quick! Someone! Anyone! Sava! Come help! )-mrmitchell

Comment

Daimyo Uesugi shall not fall so low as to bow to Shimazu like your Chosokabe lackeys! Fight your own wars!

Comment

According to yonder Imperial decree above, I've been eliminated in 1576, despite having 3 SCs and the armies to hold them. In an interesting turn of history, the Taira believed they had wiped out the Minamoto threat in the late 1100s, yet the Minamoto later returned, destroyed the Taira, and established the first Shogunate. Shall history indeed repeat itself?
          His Divine Shadow
          zeon_archduchy@hotmail.com

"Do you know what 'nemesis' means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c**t: me." - Bricktop, _Snatch_

Comment

You're right HDS, thanks for pointing out. With a post that size, I was bound to make at least one mistake. I have now changed it.
            "Life is like a bag of Revells - you're always searching for The Orange One"

Comment

I'll post an EOG... when I actually write it. Hopefully by next week, but this is midterms week for me, so...
              All syllogisms have three parts.
              Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Working...
              X