Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• targon
    replied
    What garrison units, BTW? I've seen some people in the StPDT list entitled "writers"; possible, they have a clue. I need't especialy detailed explanations, just a unit list with (it's good while not required) short suggestions on their general outlook ("15 m length heavy tank with two turrets and something missile-launcing" would be nice)

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    duh well maybe start with a colonization unit? and simple garrison units? but i dont have a clue about how they look like

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    Yes, I the game without units will look strange, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    oh you want to what kind of units we need?

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    Originally posted by Rasbelin
    There's no ignorance, Targon. Replies don't always come within the first minutes or hours after the thread was posted.
    Er... days? This thread was started 14.01. OK, never mind.
    The thing I suspect to recieve is something like "light tank, heavy tank, IFV, MRLS, APC, naval carrier, .... .... .... "

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    There's no ignorance, Targon. Replies don't always come within the first minutes or hours after the thread was posted.

1. No comments. Someone else who knows that better could suggest something.
    2. PNG images. This has been decided previously as stated a few months ago.
    3. Hmm... I don't have any answer to this one.
    4. This is solemly up to the graphics team.
    5. I guess it's agreed then, unless someone has something better to propose on that one.
    6. That would give a better idea the models, IMO. BTW, the version numbering goes like this:
    alpha versions ... Alpha 1-x
    beta versions ... 0.1-0.x
    stable versions ... 1.x-1.x

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    Does this ignorance mean that StP currently requires no unit models?

Leave a comment:

• targon
    started a topic List of units required

List of units required

Originally posted by Jeremy Buloch
    No they aren't they are helping you practice.
    Well I guess they are kinda useless to the project.
    Do some game graphics of units.
    -J.B.-
    OK, it's undisputed mention what units will be 3D models crafted in .3ds file format. Not especialy funny format, but it will do.
    So I, among other StPDT artists (anybody home?), need several things to know. Not a lot of things, though.
    1) How moving parts of the units must be handled (distinct tri-mesh chunks in the only .3ds, different .3ds etc)
    2) Texture format (.png, .tga or any other loseless. Or possible lossy?)
    3) Texture palletes? How units of different factions will be "colored" (specific texture index, rectangular patch with faction logo somewhere etc.)
    4) Texture size (256x256, 512x512 etc).
    5) Texture mapping: UV is the best, but some parts may require more simplistic view; also, texture mapping for multipart units (single atlas or multiple)
    6) Some prototype animation (not for 0.0.1-alpha version, of course, but start thinking about this)

And, last but not least, what units must be created ASAP for game consistency (may be not especialy fancy, like placeholders for the future fore broad range of units).
Working...
X