• targon
    replied
    Here is its mesh:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    Garrison infantry, work in progress

Here is a really wierd rendering of the infantry model. Texturing is ~%50% done, needs some "features" like platoon signs and various small details. For curious, this character pose is usualy selected as so-called "rest position", as you could easily access any part of the model; later, this approach leads to so-called "posing" via "bones", "scelegons", "weight maps" and other arcane stuff. For realtime rendering, bone/skin animation may be an overkill, so we may fall back to simple "part pivot" animation.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    DBTS, you units are simply the 1st in my queue. It's completely due to your descriptons. Calm down.

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    why didnt you say all you need is a name.....i could come up with names too.....but nooooooo.....i had to write an intire discription......blah

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    Under way.

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    I come up with something more when I'm back, but here's a few.

Land and air

Anti-aircraft missiles
    Anti-tank missiles
    Armed personnel carrier
    Scout
    Light tank
    Heavy tank
    Bomber (stealth or something abit more developed)
    Fighter (same as above)
    Artillery (doesn't sound too futuristic, but will most likely be available in the future too)
    Transport helicopter (transportation of unit stacks)
    Transport airplane (same as above)

Naval

Transport (transportation of unit stacks)
    Submarine (could be several different if you have any good ideas; nuclear powered and light?)
    AEGIS cruiser (or something improved)
    Battleship (sounds old fashioned, but these are valuable )

That's about it for now.

P.S. I didn't copy these units from civ. I'm more of an eager Panzer General player.

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    OK, thanks. I hope that units will be used in the game, rather than trashed, at least for now.
    *targon downloading this page to Zip drive for use as documentation*
    Under way.

Leave a comment:

• Kuciwalker
    replied
    communications satellite

headquarters unit (must have 1 per army)

tactical fighter

basic infantry

light vehicle

tank

theatre ballistic missile

a bunch of other basic, modern-day stuff

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    Garrison patrol

Consist out of 5 to 10 standard soldiers. Armed with standard 12mm high powered semi automatic weapons. Light padded body armor. One squad leader and one comminations officer stand out among the other soldiers.

Job-description:
    Protect base region that they are stationed in against outside attack and act as police force when necessary.

reckon flyer

this is a light prop aircraft with up front a big bulb for the pilot and 3 observers. It has on its back an big radar, and on its belly it has equipment to make 3d maps and observe ground configuration. It has no armor or weapons. Data is directly transmitted to nearest military command.

Job-description:
    it is used to extent air radar cover outside populated areas. It has besides that also the ability to map newly found land and sea while also doing a preliminary survey of the ground configuration especially looking for valuable water springs and minerals deposits. Extensive ground surveys need to be done by a geological survey team. It doesn’t have any weapons or armor

geological survey team
    it is a semi wheeled truck filled with a team of experts on ground analysis. The truck itself has all the equipment onboard to fully survey the surroundings. Such as a drill and seismic ground analyzer. It also have limited mapmaking abilities. They can work fully independent of any command center and will work very fast. It doesnt have any defensive capabilities

Job-description:*
    before the ground can be used at utmost efficiency you will need to know what the ground is made of. A geological survey team will study just that. It makes detailed reports about what the ground is made up of. It also searched for anomalies in the ground configuration. Like underground springs and mineral deposits. It cant give any information about native flora and fauna except if about ground fertility.

biological survey team*
    it is a wheeled truck filled with a team of experts on flora and fauna. It has its own laboratory onboard to analyze samples. It also has 2 armed guards to protect it self against small threats but is has no armor. They can work fully independent of any command center and will work very fast.

Job-description:
    to know something about native flora and fauna you will need this teams. It can get precise information about plant life and also about animals

* could mixed them up into one unit

Leave a comment:

• Jeremy Buloch
    replied
    Look in the Unit think tank thread and it will provide some units but I dont have any time now so I cant provide the descriptions to all of them. Maybe later.
    -J.B.-

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    /me pokes them by e-mail.

Hopefully they understand the importance of this work.

Leave a comment:

• targon
    replied
    What? We do have other graphics artists? (*targon peeking into sourceforge page*) Wow! Lot of people! Poke them, Rasblelin, I can't do this alone.
    BTW, these guys has missed couple of interesting conversations, including model format case study and some others. This lazyness delays development of the StP a lot. I think that StP is getting old for its progress level.
    OK, folks, thanks for feedback. Merry weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    As I'm away for the weekend, I'll have time too, so I'll try to come up with some unit descriptions too. I'll also try poking a few of the other graphics artists as we need them to wake up too. Hopefully Blake could also come up with his ideas and wishes.

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    ah ok give me a day and i will have some of those ready....come back tonight or tomorrow and i will some

Leave a comment:

Working...
X