X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gagliaudo
    replied
    Sorry Jonash:

it was only a word-joke: Leonidas(the Spartan King)/Thermopylai...

I don't know what happenede to his project, I'd like know the status of Leonidas' work,too, cause I like Ww2 in Africa, it's very interesting.
    But if there are no news, well, I'll stop post in this thread.
    However, hope Leonidas can give news (negative,too) about himself.
    Have good time
    Gagliaudo

Leave a comment:

• Jonash
    replied
    I dont quite understand?

Leave a comment:

• Gagliaudo
    replied
    Well...
    I think the good guy Leonidas had his own hard work...

... at Thermopylai...

However:
    Have a good work, Leonidas and all the other scen-designer about DAK and 8thArmy !!!

Leave a comment:

• Jonash
    replied
    What happened to this scenario? Still in the works?

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: North African Front: The Rise of the Afrika Korps

Originally posted by Justinianum

Sorry for replying you so late, but I've really missed your post. Last year I was working on a "War in Mediterran" scenario including the american intervention and the landing in Sicily. I wanted to focus the action on the naval strategical situation; Italy would be the active player. My idea was to set every terrain as non-shield productive, except for an "heavy industry" terrain (1f, 30s, 8t). The goal was to build units only in the high-productive northern cities (Milan, Turin, Genoa, Bologne, Trieste). To simulate the devastating bombing raids I've thought to create a specific Industry unit on the "heavy industry" terrain: loss of these units would have triggered a change-terrain event. The goal was to force the player to defend actively his precious industries. Most of the work has been done, but I've abandoned this project as new and more sofisticated concepts arose. I've planned to start back from scratch some day; perhaps with someone
    Sounds like you have some very interesting concepts.

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthedain
    Hey leonidas! We all know that you've made some really good halftracks. But how is the scenario update going?
    Thanks

Currently I'm going to be away for the holidays, and won't be back until January.

There are still things I want to do. Plus, I also mod other games, so this will be strictly a part-time thing.

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Justinianum
    replied
    Re: Re: Re: North African Front: The Rise of the Afrika Korps

Originally posted by Leonidas

Sounds very interesting.

Tell me more.
    Sorry for replying you so late, but I've really missed your post. Last year I was working on a "War in Mediterran" scenario including the american intervention and the landing in Sicily. I wanted to focus the action on the naval strategical situation; Italy would be the active player. My idea was to set every terrain as non-shield productive, except for an "heavy industry" terrain (1f, 30s, 8t). The goal was to build units only in the high-productive northern cities (Milan, Turin, Genoa, Bologne, Trieste). To simulate the devastating bombing raids I've thought to create a specific Industry unit on the "heavy industry" terrain: loss of these units would have triggered a change-terrain event. The goal was to force the player to defend actively his precious industries. Most of the work has been done, but I've abandoned this project as new and more sofisticated concepts arose. I've planned to start back from scratch some day; perhaps with someone

Leave a comment:

• Arthedain
    replied
    Hey leonidas! We all know that you've made some really good halftracks. But how is the scenario update going?

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    My German Halftrack Collection.

Just a friendly reminder that none of these graphics may be used in other scenarios until after the release of "Afrika Korps".

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    Originally posted by Kobra
    This halftrack thing is really out of control!
    Does this mean that we have too many varieties of tanks too??

Leave a comment:

• Eivind IV
    replied
    This halftrack thing is really out of control! Still looking forward to this, Leonidas! Any estimate on the release?

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    Another haftrack variant.

This is the German SdKfz 250-3 Command and Communications Halftrack:

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    This is the German SdKfz 250-9 turreted Reconnaissance Halftrack with a 20mm Gun:

Leave a comment:

• Leonidas
    replied
    Originally posted by curtsibling
    This scenario will be forever known as "The Battle of the Half-Tracks!"
    hehe

I should re-name it to North African Front: Halftrack Fever. . .

Actually, I thought I would do a complete set of haftracks, and decide later which ones I'll use. It's kinda fun. . .

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• curtsibling
    replied
    This scenario will be forever known as "The Battle of the Half-Tracks!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X