Vietnam war scenario.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to start in 1965 as I said:
    1) The US is already engaged (If I were to deploy ALL of the US units via events, the entire event file would be clogged up in no time, and I still belive that I'll have to use 2 event files.)
    2) Thieu is at power, and I intend on simulating his rule and placing the player in his shoes, starting the war then lets us avoid Diem's goverment and all the silly coups.
    3) The guerilla war is already large and furious, starting before 1964 would be boring.

That's my reasons, but It doesn't mean I won't change my mind if someone presents better arguments. I'm open to all suggestions.

Comment

I posted a graphic for you over @ civfanatics.. should've posted it here though :P
      "Peace cannot be kept by force.
      It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Originally posted by KASHANKA
        I decided to start in 1965 as I said:
        1) The US is already engaged (If I were to deploy ALL of the US units via events, the entire event file would be clogged up in no time, and I still belive that I'll have to use 2 event files.)
        2) Thieu is at power, and I intend on simulating his rule and placing the player in his shoes, starting the war then lets us avoid Diem's goverment and all the silly coups.
        3) The guerilla war is already large and furious, starting before 1964 would be boring.

That's my reasons, but It doesn't mean I won't change my mind if someone presents better arguments. I'm open to all suggestions.
        hi ,

well the war started a bit earlier , heck , the country was still at war from the WW II , .....

the people did not now peace for a long time , coup de etat's , internal fighting , etc , .....

at first during the early years the US send in some advisors to train , advise , and slowly they started to fight , .....

but imagine one thing , civ is about how you would have done things in history , ..... well imagine you can prevent a huge war , .......

btw , how shall the US troops increase arrive on the map , .....

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I collected these units for a never-ending upgrade of B.Steins scenario, already upgraded by J.A.P.R.; so far this is the compilation for the Viets:

edit

And here comes the freedom fighters:

edit

You probably know this link to the US ARMY HISTORICAL SERIES , a very one-sided view of the south-east asian conflicts.
          And some OOBs .
          Ceteram Macedonicus
          (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Hehe, that´s my US Artillery ....

Comment

EDIT: Nothing

Comment

Ceteram: the US artillery will not appear properly in-game. You need to keep the graphic above the lower two magenta triangles.

Why don't you cut and past the originator's initials back onto the graphics here?
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

If you can't keep the initials on the units, don't post them.
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

ok

sorry didn't know

i understand
                    Ceteram Macedonicus
                    (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

I collected these units for a never-ending upgrade of B.Steins scenario, already upgraded by J.A.P.R.; so far this is the compilation for the Viets:
                      Sorry, I can't see them.

well the war started a bit earlier , heck , the country was still at war from the WW II , .....
                      I know, but I wanted to depict the late portion of the conflict with Laos and Cambodia as independent states. Maybe when I'll be done with this scenario I'll do something like "Indochina 1952" and simulate the war from the French side.
                      Now I haven't yet finished this one...
                      the people did not now peace for a long time , coup de etat's , internal fighting , etc
                      Eee... nope. Actually except the part between Diem's downfall and Thieu's rule the country was internally stable. (one of your tasks will be bringing back the stability, as Thieu did).

Comment

Originally posted by Ceteram

ok

sorry didn't know

i understand
                        Thanks.
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Afther giving it a lot of thought I decided to drop the "air transport Huey" idea. I belive it works well only for plane transport and not helicopters.
                          Making this work for helicopters would require me to place an airfield every 5 squares in the middle of the jungle (about 250 of them!) and make them act as "landing spots". But then again I would have to see B-52's starting from those "landing spots". No, sorry for my scenario this will not work.

Comment

Oki

Any new regarding the scen?

Comment

You should use the us marines Kobra (Eivind) just posted in the Modern Graphics section, they look great!
                              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Working...
                              X