• Show
Clear All

• JaredThinks
    replied
    Decade bump.

Leave a comment:

• Shadowstrike
    replied
    Back from playing Courland..... Its 1510, and I have Kurland, Memel, Livonia and Gotland. Its getting kinda dull, but I know that Poland will try to invade me sometime soon, and that will be a cliffhanger.....

Leave a comment:

• Seneca
    replied
    Holy sh!t! Attacking Poland-Lithuania was a bit of a mistake
    I was allied with a powerful Russia, but the mighty steamroller failed to roll...

I escaped with all my provinces, but I only have 4,000 infantry left now... Think I'll pick on Baden next...

Leave a comment:

• Allemand
    replied
    I like taking Andulusia from the Spanish. That gives me the shipyard (one settler per year) and easy access to both the Spanish and Portuguese capitols. I usually leave a 40K army there.

I'm currently playing Brandenburg in the IGC, so I'm more focused on central Europe at first. Later, I'll be looking for maps and planning for a shipyard.
    [This message has been edited by Allemand (edited April 17, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• weird god
    replied
    try austria on very hard/wild with IGC v1.08........this rocks!!

------------------
    weird god, EUROPA

Leave a comment:

• Coug
    replied
    I got the province just south of Tago once, when I played as Venice once. Tago was the only province left there, so whenever they declare war, I moved in, sieged the city for about three months, took it, demanded 500d and got it. It was a great way of getting money!

Leave a comment:

• Allemand
    replied
    The Portuguese capitol is the one to sack, their maps are the best. Just have to have a navy.....

Leave a comment:

• Ramo
    replied
    If you're up for a challenge, Prussia. I've managed to still keep my BB value relatively low, while becoming THE dominant power in the East, going from 1 province to ~30 with 4 COTs by the 1520's.

Other fun countries, I imagine, would be Navarra, Helvetia, and Holand. You simply need a major power near you, so your BB value won't go up too much in your expansion.

As for maps, you just have to sack some Western major power's capitol - with Scotland, you have England right next to you .
    [This message has been edited by Ramo (edited April 14, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• SandMonkey
    replied
    How do you switch to a minor nation? What exactly do I go and change?

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas
    replied
    I've found it's actually pretty easy to get a whole bunch of maps without any exploring. What you need to do is trade your european map with one of the north african sultinates to get the middle eastern map, the trade that to one of the exploring powers. With that, you can become middleman between the different great nations, getting explored provinces from one then trading them with another, then tradeing those to yet another. Failing that, build twenty ship and go crush small enemy fleets to get maps.

Leave a comment:

• Seneca
    replied
    Woohoo - Brandenburg kicks ass!

I was best friends with the Hanseatic League for 80 years, then suddenly declared war and annexed them (and got Silesia, Erz and Jylland as well in the same war).
    I'm as popular as Satan, but hey, I'm the biggest bad-assed German power around, and I've gone from insignificant nobody to middle-ranking power in 10 years...

Now - can originally landlocked powers ever get explorers? I've got 6 colonists kicking their heels...

Leave a comment:

• Coug
    replied
    I've played a game as Genoa now and it's been really really fun. I'll get the AAR out soon I hope. But, give it a go!

Venice was REALLY fun! They have great colonels if you know how to use them!

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    It was there, you just don't look

Leave a comment:

• Victor Galis
    replied
    Annex all countries, where was the IGC when I was beating the snot out of Poland, Austria, and Russia... I could have have had possibly double the bad boy value!

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal Ad Portas
    replied
    Try the igc latest version,you dont have to type anything in and can
    annex all countrys along with more new countrys,and a host of tweaks
    and improvements,russia is my current favorite in v1.8.
    Hannibal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X