Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCRefugee
    replied
    Hmm. you've got a point about ultra-realistic games. Me, I play games to escape from reality. I still have happy memories of days gone by, but time and tide, as they say, waits for no man. SNES has had its day but, like other consoles and comps, will be kept alive by a dedicated few(I still have an ATARI ST and a Lynx).

Leave a comment:

• Mr. President
    started a topic Super Nintendo Entertainment System Memorial

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Memorial

The Super Nintendo may be my favorite gaming system of all time. It had a great variety of games and a simple interface. Additionally, most of its lifespan was before the era when games were expected to be super-realistic and were allowed to be simple, clean fun (I'm sure there are some who would gripe about the fact that Yoshi's tongue attack can reach through bricks).

My only regret is that there were some games that I never got to play on their native system, such as Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island, and Final Fantasy IV. I would have been perfectly happy with another three years of Super Nintendo. But the big money and 3-D graphics called, and its time is up. The last game rolled off the assembly line years ago, but the fun will never be forgotten, and will live again every time I load up Donkey Kong Country.
Working...
X