Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RISK 2210 ad

has anyone played this?
    And what do you think about it, any good?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Interesting, never played it.

Nice to see board games haven't died. Its hard to find people to play them though. I never get to play Campaign (Napoleonic era type game) anymore.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I never get to play Campaign (Napoleonic era type game) anymore.

I have that game too!
      And have never played it, no one else is interested in it either.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I used to play that game. Is that the one where you have a general and a bunch of soldiers?
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Campaign was kind of fun and a bit more complex than Risk.

Nice avatar, BTW.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Thanx, its a good photo of her too.

Comment

hmm, I must have made an error in naming this thread
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I can't thing of anything to say on topic, other than it looks intriguing and I've never played......

OK I read the link a bit more now.

Only having five rounds looks limiting (but needed to finish in a reasonable timeframe). The economy aspect looks like a good extra dimension.

Without playing it, its hard to say much more.

Comment

Threadjacking was successful

Comment

It almost tempts me to turn on avatars and see what you're talking about. Unfortunately I know from experience that Apolyton would become even more unbearably slow than it already is
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

This is my avatar:
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have played it. Someone got if for a christmas present and we spent the christmas party at my brother's house playing it and drinking beers.

I do like it although there are a few features I'm not too keen on. First I like the time limit. It adds more stategy to the game. But one thing that is dangerous is the cards. My brother had some diplomacy (they were the cards that you can pull to thwart enemy aggression for one turn). He had 3 or for saved up. And he needed 3 to win the game. A little too much luck for my taste. But I think there is more stategy in this one than the regular risk.

Comment

Also I should note is I came to the party late from work. I took over someone else's spot. That's why I didn't win .

I entered the game in a bad situation. The other player was just a casual player and he didn't build up much. I managed to take S. America that was it. I was able to hold my own and not get defeated though. I managed to hold on to S. America. Not much but at least I survived . It was a bloody game.

If you like risk then you will like this one. Some of the additional rules may not be appealing to casual players though. Many things are better rules wise than the original. But some of those cards are so overpowering. Save those diplomacy cards till the last turn! you may need them.

Comment

Working...
                            X