Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New empire-building game: LEGION

check it out at http://www.slitherine.co.uk/Legion/Legion.htm

It is a TBS game very similar to civ but entirely based on the period of the Roman empire. It looks very cool. It has nice graphics, including 3D battles but it also has a lot of very civ like strategy.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

looks nice.. but this is hard to believe if they want to have 3D battles
    Our current target is a Pentium I with 32MB RAM, which is significantly lower than the competition!
    almost every other game with 3D has it at at least PII 466 64mb, and even then it doesn't run smooth...
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Caesar and similar games were on the market before the Pentium was even heard of so it really depends on what level of graphical quality and speed you are going to need. The game mentions that the user does thier work setting up the strategic and tactical conditions for the battle and the unit movements are not under their control. That hands off approach, along with no need to show lots of flash explosions and other effects may well mean it can achieve some startling results especially if they have some boffins capable of crunching low level code.

I'm reassured by the fact that they're signed up by Paradox. If the guys that made Europa Universalis reckon this game has potential then that is good news imo. I was a little too late to get in on the Beta but hopefully that will keep the game fresh for me. Overexposure to Civ 3 pre-release certainly didn't improve my enjoyment of the game.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

ceasar wasn't really 3D...
        but if you don't actually have unit control, i suppose it's possible, low res, 16bit color
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Working...
        X