• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    71 meg? I think I might skip that one.
    *thinks long and hard*
    Don't get how... except that it becomes a click-fest to overpower your enemy in infantry.

Leave a comment:

• C0ckney
    replied
    It was on PC Gamer's coverdisk last month. It can also be found at the link below, it is 71mb though.

Playing without artillery actually shortens the game! (If you played you'd see why )

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    Originally posted by C0ckney
    IM, do you have the art of war demo (the new one)?
    No, 'fraid not. Got a link? (lazy me)

Playing without artillery? Isn't that quite difficult? How long does it take to bring down a stable with grenadiers?

Leave a comment:

• C0ckney
    replied
    Yeah the random maps are a bit like a C&C tank rush, although there are tactics to counter this Also a lot of people play without artillery

IM, do you have the art of war demo (the new one)?

Leave a comment:

• DeVil
    replied
    I also played this game for some time on LAN. It was lots of fun in the beginning, but later, when you find out that without 600 cannons you cannot win the game, I have lost my interest. No strategical skill is required, you just overtake them by number.

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    I've only got the demo, I wasn't impressed enough to bother with the full game. A few of my friends have all-night LAN tourneys. MP sounds like it could be a lot of fun

Leave a comment:

• C0ckney
    started a topic Cossacks: European Wars

Cossacks: European Wars

I got this game a while ago and was really underwhelmed by the single player, the campaigns ranged from 'my grandmother could do this' to 'bloody impossible'. The single missions seemed to be half finished, and the random are no fun without the ability to set up teams. So I quickly uninstalled it annoyed (to put it mildly) that I had paid 30 pounds for this game

So anyway a couple of weeks ago I thought "what the hey, I'll give it another go", the single player was as crap as I remembered, and I was about to uninstall it again when I decided to try a quick multiplayer game.

All I can say is WOW, its better than civ2, better than age of empires, better even than Shogun (which is slower than a diabetic turtle on crutches on my comp). The random map is still a bit pants and can take forever and a day but the battles are excellent. You can find all sorts of people playing some of whom could rival Napoleon, some who haven't yet worked out which way to march

So does anyone else have this game and want a game on-line?
Working...
X