• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bipolarbear
    replied
    Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
    I personally can't wait. I love movies, and write scripts
    I like writing sketch comedy myself.
    So you'd rather play a gmae where you get to live out your fantasy rather than jsut pursuing it? Just joking, but with a touch of truth Joking on the square.

i hope thta game doesn't suck though. I also hope its cheap, b/c I AM

Leave a comment:

• The Emperor Fabulous
    replied
    The reason I mentioned Theme Park is because originally it was going to be called 'Theme Studios'. I'm glad they changed that.

General: None yet...I'm still in college so I really haven't had the chance to get out there yet. But that is my major, and I should hear within days if I got accepted to tranfer to Emerson College (one of the premier US acting and communication schools.)

As for the "well so much can be in movies", they have said it is there intention for the game to be fully-modable, and may even release the tools used to make the game.

Leave a comment:

• Imran Siddiqui
    replied
    Peter Molyneux. I'd guess he's most famous for Populous, Dungeon Keeper, and Black & White, though.

Yeah... He's done MUCH more famous things than Theme Park. It's the big thing for why people believe this could be pulled off... Molyneux is a 'Game God'.

Leave a comment:

• FrustratedPoet
    replied
    Originally posted by General Ludd
    I don't know if it's Peter's voice, the way he does his presentations, or the game itself, but I can't help but feel this is going to be another Black and White - lots of hype and promises, but a huge letdown in the end.
    I agree completely. For more of this from the same guy, see the hype around the future XBox game Fable. All talk and no trousers these days.

Leave a comment:

• Zero
    replied
    another sim *blank* game. basically. it should be popular though. sims games do rather well.

3 expansions planned already? why not just put them all in then? :whine:

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    I personally can't wait. I love movies, and write scripts
    Have any been made into film commercially? It'd be interesting to see a movie written by an apolytoner.

Leave a comment:

• The Emperor Fabulous
    replied
    I personally can't wait. I love movies, and write scripts, so something like this is perfect.

BiPB: You can actually focus on one of the three aspects of the game, leaving the others for the computer if you want. There's also a "free play" mode, in which you have unlimited funds and can pick whichever era of film you want.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Hmm, I'll reserve judgement till I see it, but it does whiff of Sunday gamer to me. Skanky should like it.

Leave a comment:

• bipolarbear
    replied
    W/o looking at the website it sounds like it might be bad. Esprecailly if the majority of the game, is sitting nad wtriting your own scripts, and having the dumass comp grade it for you.

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    I don't know if it's Peter's voice, the way he does his presentations, or the game itself, but I can't help but feel this is going to be another Black and White - lots of hype and promises, but a huge letdown in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    I just found some nice in-game movies of the game:

http://lionsource.ngz-network.de/dow...movies/movies/

I've only seen the first one, but it was awsome
    Those movies are very old though, so expect lots of changes in the final game

And the download speed on this site is great: 130-140 kb/s

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    oh, Theme park untill you said Peter Molyneux I was thinking about one of those lame RCT knock-offs.

the PC version already has 3 assumed expansion packs, ala The Sims.

Leave a comment:

• The Emperor Fabulous
    replied
    While the Console versions are going to be just one game, the PC version already has 3 assumed expansion packs, ala The Sims.

They are also considering talking to studios about creating a pack that would allow gamers to remake that movie, like "X-Men 3" would have a pack released simultaneously with the movie.

A great thing about these developers is they have on their messageboard a diary that 6 or 7 of them update almost every day.

Leave a comment:

• vovan
    replied
    Re: The Movies

Its by the guy who did Theme Park and other Tycoon-like games.
    Peter Molyneux. I'd guess he's most famous for Populous, Dungeon Keeper, and Black & White, though.

I like how the game looks, but like Dissident, I am kinda skeptical as to how could one possibly build the whole diversity of movies in. I'm thinking the choice of things to do would become kinda limited and boring after some time. Then, again, look at the Sims. You just never know.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    I have been following this game since last year, and I must admit it sounds promising, but for some reason I'm not sure how great it'll be, since it sounds like they have spent lots of time (too much?) on the actually movie-making process, where you'll be able to render a movie yourself to share with your friends...

There was a graphic less game like this some years ago, though it never worked in WinXP (Always crashed before finishing my first movie)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X