Æ’all to the XBox...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Æ’all to the XBox...

Just got an Xbox... actually, bought it off of a friend for $100, 4 controllers, five games... planning on hitting eBay with the anatomically incorrect Outlaw volleyball, Halo, and Mech(something) so that leaves us with Buffy and Knights of the Old Republic.

The wife likes Buffy, I've been enjoying Knights... Buffy isn't bad but it needs a multiplayer mode for me.

How is Hunter: The Reckoning, or the TMNT game that's out? I have a personal rule that I only buy a game system if I have three games I really want for it.

Asher, if you've got your ears on, be sure to do a happy dance for me for falling to the dark side at least as far as consoles go...

Just looking for a third/fourth game that the wife and I can both play and have fun on. Mario Kartesque would be great, though if the TMNT game is any good that'd probably be a good bet too (still play TMNT 4 with her sometimes.)

A racer or another action/adventure that the wife might like and is two player would be great. Just don't know the library of an Xbox as this wasn't a planned purchase. (helping a friend and screwing him at the same time... gotta love it. )
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

get DOA3. its fun and cheap now.
    :-p

Comment

DUe, keep HLOA, unles you're retarted or something. It is SUPERB multiplayer fun, and a good game al around. I'd sell Buffy definitely. Buffy is crap, I played it and hated it. Althouhg, you do have wife, sooo how old are you guys? If you're in your mid to late 30's then I can see where a FPS might not be the most entertaining. I'd reccomend trying Cell Damage. It was one of the first releases. All cell shaded game, with cartoons and racing sort of, like twisted metal for kiddies. Very fun, only cartoon violence.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

The wife and I enjoy Buffy, but then we were always fans of the show... sad to see Angel ending in a few weeks too...

Halo... just no interest. Never have been much of a FPS fan and the only opportunity to play, especially with lacking of a high speed connection, is with the wife, who also has no interest.

We feel like we're in our 30s sometimes... but I'm turning 22 this month and the wife is 20... just never had much want for the FPS... though for some reason I really liked Duke Nukem 3D back in the day...

Can't even remember one of the old Bungie games that was also fairly good... it was even in B&W for the Mac if that tells you how old that one is...

Cell Damage sounds good though, we'll have to rent it.

DOA3... is that another one of those anotomically incorrect games with the women having too large of breasts and them not having enough support and should be in pain (the wife made a like comment on the outlaw volleyball... inspired laughter then...) I know some of them were volleyball and others were fighter. Street Fighter is about as far as I've gone with that genre and really enjoyed (Alpha 3 to be precise.)

Comment

Halo will grow on you. I'm playing it right now. In any event it's selling brand new for 30 I think, so you won't get much for it.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I also enjoyed Buffy. The first "Hunter: the reckoning" is fun, but it's very short. I heard it's fun in MP. The second one is not worth bothering. I would also recommend Grand theft auto. You have two games for the price of one. Great deal! Splinter Cell is a blast. If you like survival horror games, there's always Fatal Frame. There's also Ninja Gaiden (fighter) and Prince of persia (platformer).
            Last edited by Nostromo; May 5, 2004, 02:12.
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Fatal Frame is out for X-box?

Edit: Turns out it is.
              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I'm tempted by Price of Persia... just looking for a MP action/fighter... they just don't make those much anymore thanks to the whole panoramic views and crap.

Comment

I just bought an X-box a couple of weeks ago. It was my first console purchase, and I went ahead and got the halo version (green box and controller w/ free halo game included). It was only $20 more than the other which is $149 now, BTW.

I got this for one reason: Fight Night 2004. I love this game, but it might be too easy as my career boxer is now 35-0 with 35 KOs (but only ranked 14 as I have been fighting chumps to improve my stats). I'll have to check if there is a difficulty level after I make champ.

Anyway, I figure that it is a way better platform for sports type games than the PC. Plus my buddy just gave me a few games (earlier this morning) [loaners].
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash
                    I'm tempted by Price of Persia... just looking for a MP action/fighter... they just don't make those much anymore thanks to the whole panoramic views and crap.
                    I rented Prince of Persia and enjoyed it quite a bit. But I don't think there's MP in it. If you want MP, split-screen mayhem, I hear the first Hunter: the gathering is pretty good.Coop Halo can be a lot of fun too. Wait till you get on Halo itself: you can drive the jeep and your partner can man the machine gun...
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Wow, married in your early 20s, sounds to me like something my grandparents would do. Especially strange to me because I AM 20.

As for games, I'd say get the GTA3/Vice City pack. Those are great games. Also, Prince of Persia is AMAZING. Though I have all of those for PS2 instead of XBox.
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                        Wow, married in your early 20s, sounds to me like something my grandparents would do. Especially strange to me because I AM 20.

As for games, I'd say get the GTA3/Vice City pack. Those are great games. Also, Prince of Persia is AMAZING. Though I have all of those for PS2 instead of XBox.
                        I'm 32 and I'm still shopping around... Like the song says: my mother told me, you better shop around.

Comment

KUNG FU CHAOS!!!!

The game is lighthearted, but fun as heck!

If you've ever watched those old skool kung-fu movies, you'll get the references pretty quick. I bought this game for $20 and it's worth it, and more!

(plus, it's multiplayer and has a buttload of levels to play/unlock)
                          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                          *****Citizen of the Hive****
                          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

I'm 32 and I'm still shopping around... Like the song says: my mother told me, you better shop around.
                            Heh, we did that... but when we met back in '90 (known each other for almost 14 years... ) just friends... from there it wasn't 'til '95 when we started 'dating' and dated others over the 97-01 block to be sure.

Back to the topic at hand... while it isn't an Xbox game I've only heard good things about the Need for Speed series... how is that?

Hunter: the gathering?

Coop Halo, eh? that I may have to try with her... there's more than just shooting at stuff, right? It's sad... I just tested it and then went right back to Knights.

I'll keep the Kung Foo Chaos in mind too... that already sounds good.

Comment

So wait a second...you've been dating since you were 13 and she was 11?!

Anyways, back to topic...the EA Sports games are good, especially NFL and FIFA.
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X