Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeneralTacticus
    replied
    Day 8 (What wuld have been the 'Report for the 9th of March' if I'd remembered to put a title on it).

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    When was the second stockpile out of interest?

Leave a comment:

• Skanky Burns
    replied
    Because you needed at least 4 nukes to hit the one city that was left...

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    I see my memory is very bad... I don't remember stockpiling twice

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    He wants to use them first round next game.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralTacticus
    replied
    Well, you stockpiled nukes on the first turn, and then launched them at Herc on the next... however, you then stockpiled nukes again on day 8, and never launched them.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    No, it was way before that... I launched them just after I stockpiled them, at a player who had 4 cities left at that time, IIRC...

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Hmm wouldn't have mattered I suppose, since I only had one city anyway and ADG only needed to hit it with 1 nuke.

Leave a comment:

• GeneralTacticus
    replied
    Yes, when stockpiled nukes are being launched and sabotaged, they are lost... and no, you didn't launch your stockpile. When you sent your roders in, I asked if you wanted to use your stockpile, and you said (and I quote):

I'm getting old... I thought I had launched them... but no, I don't wish to use the stockpile...

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    IIRC I launched all 4 nukes, so they should get destroyed...

... or maybe my memory is playing with me, and I forgot to use them..?

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Yeah if you fire stockpiled nukes and are sabotaged you lose them for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Spaced Cowboy
    replied
    It depends, I you launched 3 or more, then yes, they should have been destroyed, If you only launched your normal two, then the two stockpiled ones would still be safe.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Btw, didn't we agree that when some launcing stockpiled nukes while being sabotaged, the stockpiled nukes got destroyed? IIRC I launched some stockpile nukes, but they got destroyed, but as I sent in the orders for last turn GT asked me if I would use my stockpiled nukes...
    Or is me who's forgetting something?

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Yeah, I used the deflection order, in hope you would nuke me

I didn't use a spy, since I chose from the beginning of this game that I would try to see if I could win without using any of those... and I got closer to winning that I thought I would

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Did you bunker/deflect when I built the spy? I figured you would plump for deflection since you wouldn't want the MAD that would occur if we nuked each other, and wouldn't want to build a city/spy since I would want MAD.

Hence I risked the spy, and it worked nicely. However when I saw the wording I thought you had countered with a spy and hence we would both sabotage on the last round and be back where we started!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X