X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BustaMike
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry Seldon
    When we play Halo, we scream things about each other's mothers, wifes/husbands, threaten to kill each other, etc. I can think of only once when it actually came to blows. After a few minutes we were all happily playing again. If your friend says you need to "grow up," I'd translate that as "I'm getting my ass kicked and I don't like to lose." You're better off without him. Taunting is integral to all MP games and many times a successful strategy for keeping your opponent off-guard.
    That is exactly what I think . Maybe he needs to play a noncompetitive game like Mario Sunshine or something .

Leave a comment:

• Harry Seldon
    replied
    When we play Halo, we scream things about each other's mothers, wifes/husbands, threaten to kill each other, etc. I can think of only once when it actually came to blows. After a few minutes we were all happily playing again. If your friend says you need to "grow up," I'd translate that as "I'm getting my ass kicked and I don't like to lose." You're better off without him. Taunting is integral to all MP games and many times a successful strategy for keeping your opponent off-guard.

Leave a comment:

• BustaMike
    started a topic Halo, Taunting, and Getting Butt-Hurt

Halo, Taunting, and Getting Butt-Hurt

For a while now, my friends and I have tried to make it a habit to play a few Halo CTF and deathmatch games every Wed. We usually manage to grab 8 or more people, and the games are generally good.

When I asked one of my friends whether or not he was coming last night, he said no. He said he wasn't having fun because the rest of us need to grow up. Apparantly, he wasn't happy with the level of taunting going on last week. I find this ridiculous. While there was trash talking going on, it was all in good fun, and in no way intended to be malicious or mean. For example, someone gets killed trying to steal the flag and whines that their ghost (vehicle) got stuck. So we yell back something to the degree of "waaa waa waa I died and I need an excuse." Over the course of several hours there were probably 2 or 3 exchanges like this, by my standards relatively low trash talking for a competitive game.

So my question is, what do you guys think of trash talking? Is my friend just being a big baby like most of ust think he is, or should a game like this really be played with no taunting?
Working...
X