Unfinished games you hope/plan on beating someday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfinished games you hope/plan on beating someday

I have all these games on my hard drives in which I intend on finishing someday, but haven't yet. This is in contrast to games which I have taken off my hard drive in which I have no intention of finishing (games like Black and White, Star Wars Rebellion)

So what games do you have on your computer that you someday plan on finishing?

My games are Icewind Dale 1 (with expansion), Icewind Dale 2, Baldur's Gate 1 (though i just played a couple of weeks ago- I'm in the city of Baldur's Gate now), Morrowind, Planescape: Torment, Call to Power 2, and I just reinstalled an old Dos game called Wasteland- a game I played in the Commodore 64 days. I want to finish this game.

Actually I'm not sure about ctp2. I don't think I will ever finish a single game of that. But I do have one save on my hard drive. That game's public works annoys me for some reason. I still may try a mod, but haven't gotten around to it.

Most of those games are decent games. But for some reason I lack the motivation to finish them. Perhaps they are only games in which I could get a few hours enjoyment from, and I'm actually bored of them now. Perhaps I just need to get in the right mood to play them. I don't know exactly.

phantasie, wizardry 7, mechwarriorIII, a couple others.

usually i try to play TBS with a non-inherent goal in mind, like fastest turns, etc. so they never really end for me.

Comment

I think I have finished all the games I want to.

Comment

one problem is I spend too much time here . And often I'm not in the mood to play computer games.

Comment

I would have liked to finish a game of MoM. But alas, I formatted my computer and didn't bother reinstalling it.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Final Fantasy IX, AoEII Campaigns, Fallout II.

Comment

Kings Bounty 2
              money sqrt evil;
              My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

All the Final Fantasy games after VII.
                I get about 80-90 percent through them and then get bored. By that time my characters are already capable of destroying everything with ease and I can't be bothered to go through the motions of actually winning.

I'd also like to complete Half-Life one day. I always quit when I get to the bit on the Alien planet because it is boring, but have played up until that point several times.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Baldur's Gate 2. I love the game, but I tend to have a rough time finishing lentghy games only because I love playing so many games that a game that may take 50 hours to finish may take forever to finish if you have to divide up amongst dozens of games.
                  While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Baldur's Gate 2. I love the game, but I tend to have a rough time finishing lentghy games only because I love playing so many games that a game that may take 50 hours to finish may take forever to finish if you have to divide up amongst dozens of games.
                    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Originally posted by da_hal
                      phantasie, wizardry 7, mechwarriorIII, a couple others.

usually i try to play TBS with a non-inherent goal in mind, like fastest turns, etc. so they never really end for me.
                      Phantasie!!! I won the first 2 but the 3rd was a lot harder, every time you turned around you were losing a leg or an arm.

Ultima IV, for me. I got to the last question at the bottom of the last dungeon and, for some reason, brainfarted and answered the question wrong.

Which, of course, sends you out of the dungeon.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Quake I, Soul Calibur II and red alert 2. and when I have time I'd like to try the "beat FF6 @ lv 6" challenge.

or did you mean just getting an ending for the game? Thats kinda bad definition IMO cause some games have multiple endings. I like to think of beating the game as in "you can do zangief's pile driver with your toes" level.
                        :-p

Comment

I don't have these on my comp right now, but I have them and have never finished them:

Freespace 1&2
                          Pharaoh
                          Emperor
                          Heavy Gear II*
                          ORB**
                          Hegemonia*
                          Dark Reign II*
                          ONI
                          Final Fantasy VII**
                          Conquest: Frontier Wars*
                          Serious Sam 2
                          Age of Wonders II**
                          Sacrifice**
                          Jedi Knight 2
                          Age of Empires II campaigns*
                          Star Trek Armada II*
                          Hostile Waters
                          Alien vs. Pred 2 expansion*
                          GTA2*
                          Independence War 2
                          Might and Magic VI (never even loaded it)**
                          Homeworld (just never beat the last mission)

* denotes games I never finished, and don't plan to.
                          ** denotes undecided whether I will ever finish them.

Comment

Final Fantasy 8. I have the same problem as Frustrated Poet. Sure, I could pimp-smack Ultimecia with Squall's right pinky alone, but...why?
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I've got a few that I've been meaning to get to

Fallout 1 & 2
                              Planescape Torment (started it, great story so far, just haven't gotten around to finishing it)
                              Civ3 PTW (I haven't played it since I got the expansion)
                              Baldurs gate: Throne of Baal (this will come soon, I love the Baldurs gate games)
                              Icewind Dale 1 and expansions (I finished Icewind dale 2, and loved it)
                              Pharaoh
                              Hearts of Iron (as Italy and Yugoslavia)
                              Soul Bringer

I think that's it, except for a few games of CTP, and CTP2

Comment

Working...
                              X