• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Sanity
    3UU Enchantment
    When Sanity comes into play, each player chooses a basic land type and a colour (colourless might not be chosen). As long as Sanity remains in play, only land of that type may be tapped for mana, only spells of that colour (but not others) may be played, only enchantments of that colour are active, and only creatures of that colour may attack, defend, and activate abilities.

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Miller
    yah

it is overpowered

take away haste?

make it more costly?

I suggested underpowered cards also (The 4 for 4/4 get destroyed by red card)

Jon Miller
    I think it's works like a channel-fireball, except cheaper. The only way to solve the problem is to limit the pump. Still, the Spirit Link trick I mentioned above still works.

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Victor Galis
    Suppose first turn, I play a swamp, and summon some 1/1. Second turn I play a second swamp, summon no name, attack with my 1/1 and no name and pay 19 life... I fail to see how this not overpowered. Your card essentially reads: If this creature is not blocked and you have more life than your opponent, you win. (Alternative: use a war chariot to give it trample).
    What is even more nasty is to Spirit Link the card.

You put in 9 life to do 10 damage, and gain 10 life back. You get a free pump, and gain a life to boot.

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by thinkingamer
    If there already exist a better card that only benefits your creatures at similar price, why would you create a card that would benefit ALL creatures?
    First of all, I think my version is more in line with what Red should be.

Secondly, what if I steal your enchantment? In the first case, you would have lost use of it. In the second case, you don't care.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    yah

it is overpowered

take away haste?

make it more costly?

I suggested underpowered cards also (The 4 for 4/4 get destroyed by red card)

Jon Miller

Leave a comment:

• Victor Galis
    replied
    Originally posted by Jon Miller
    {no name}
    bb creature
    pay 1 life to give {no name} +1/0
    haste
    0/1

Jon Miller
    Suppose first turn, I play a swamp, and summon some 1/1. Second turn I play a second swamp, summon no name, attack with my 1/1 and no name and pay 19 life... I fail to see how this not overpowered. Your card essentially reads: If this creature is not blocked and you have more life than your opponent, you win. (Alternative: use a war chariot to give it trample).

Leave a comment:

• thinkingamer
    replied
    Originally posted by thinkingamer

Why would you want to have a gloval beneficial enchantment card, if a local beneficial card at similar price alrealy exists?
    Correction:

If there already exist a better card that only benefits your creatures at similar price, why would you create a card that would benefit ALL creatures?

Leave a comment:

• thinkingamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Mine is different. It's a global instead of local enchantment.
    Why would you want to have a gloval beneficial enchantment card, if a local beneficial card at similar price alrealy exists?

Leave a comment:

• Jon Miller
    replied
    {no name}
    bb creature
    pay 1 life to give {no name} +1/0
    haste
    0/1

Jon Miller

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Hand of Fate
    1R Sorcery
    Take target opponent's hand and mix it up with yours. Then deal out a number of cards to each player as they had before. Do the same for both libraries and graveyards.

Leave a comment:

• thinkingamer
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Don't forget that, your enchantment can be targeted by a number of spells and abilities, unlike a spell. For example:

Devout Witness
    2W, Creature — Spellshaper 2/2, Mercadian Masques Common
    1W, tap, Discard a card from your hand: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    Now, im not trying to make a perfect card here. There are always cards that can be countered with other unexpected cards. Besides, if your opponent had Devout Witness in play, you would obviously not cast my enchantment.

"Also remember that counterspells are only limited to 4 per deck, also if u can manage to put enough counters in this enchantment and have enough cards, then you can counter anything on anytime with 0 mana cost."

The mana cost is not 0, it would be UUU according to you. Just because it has been prepaid doesn't mean it is free.
    I believe there is a misunderstanding here. I said, "if u can manage to put enough counters in this enchantment and have enough cards (that means after casting the enchantment and put some counters), then (afterwards) you can counter anything on anytime w/ 0 mana cost."

And of course im not saying that it is free because its prepaid, but it becomes free after you paid/invest on it. This is what I meant.
    Last edited by thinkingamer; June 2, 2003, 21:29.

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Annoying? That's not annoying. Kudzu is annoying because it just floats around destroying lands. Still, it can be disenchanted the usual way.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Kenobi
    replied
    Once you put a Black Ward on a critter, all black enchantments come off.
    Make an exception for the card, saying that the card text takes precedence. Kiss of Death cannot be disenchanted or destroyed by normal means that destroy enchantments.

It's supposed to be a much more annoying Kudzu.

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    Urza's Piano
    Artifact
    Drop Urza's Piano onto the playing table from a height of at least 4 feet, sacrifice Urza's Piano: put the card that Urza's piano lands on into it's owner's graveyard. Play this ability as a sourcery.

Kicker (3): play this ability as an instant.

Leave a comment:

• Daz
    replied
    Im sorry to tell you that your card is obviously broken. Besides, thats no white's ability.
    I guess you're right. Havent played magic in 5 years or so....

Lonestar: dont you think that that Thor card should be RRWW instead of RRGG? What do you people think?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X