Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been a beta-tester, for a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever been a beta-tester, for a game?

...and no, I'm not talking about some free game, that's always a beta and can be downloaded by anyone anyway... (or beta's you have downloaded some way or another )

I'm talking about the more expensive games, like RoN or something... have you ever been an official beta-tester for a such game?

I have only been a beta-tester once... that was Battle Isle 4, but I never got it working anyway, so there wasn't much to test...
    Yes, several times...
    12.50%
    Yes, but only once...
    25.00%
    Nope, never...
    45.83%
    Beta? What's that?
    0.00%
    I've only beta tested games which included Bananas...
    16.67%
    This space is empty... or is it?

several banana games, yes....

Seriously, only some betagames where there was no need to sign up for it....but you still had to pay for the full version so....
    And ever after, sun shone upon the land of Sunshinia...

Comment

Mostly back in the pre-Internet days. These days, only if the game REALLY interests me.
      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

Nope But if anyone needs a tester I lost my lob last week I have lots of time to spare

Please

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Nope, never.

Carolus

Comment

closest thing to beta testing for me was playing an online mud in beta-testing mode I did help uncover a lot of bugs in the game code though
            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

No, i haven't. I'm not sure I'd want to...
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I won a RoN beta CD, but it won't load on my crappy PC.
                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

no, but i wish i could have tested a few games out before i bought them lol
                  Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Nope, no real aspiration either.
                    Maybe I'll do it for the candle-bre game
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, right now, for The Frozen Throne.

Comment

Send us a copy Spikie - don't you want a second opinion...

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

You can easily get hold of the installer for the beta...........what is harder to get is a cd key to enable you to play on Blizzard's beta server.

Comment

I have never done any beta testing. However I don't miss any either as beta versions are buggy and you can't play them as you wish, because you need to file some beta testing report. I sure enjoy playing the release distro more.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
                              Send us a copy Spikie - don't you want a second opinion...
                              WoA seems to be quite desperate.
                              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                              X