• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adagio
    replied
    Originally posted by War of Art
    I can't beleive noone has said
    AUTOSAVE!
    Can you imagine life without it? And yet its nothing special really, is it?

-Jam
    Hmmm... I should have mentioned this:

- An option to disable autosave...

autosave is sooo annoying...

Leave a comment:

• Jamski
    replied
    I can't beleive noone has said
    AUTOSAVE!
    Can you imagine life without it? And yet its nothing special really, is it?

-Jam

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    Originally posted by St Leo
    quake1 - mouselook... i'm not sure if you'd call it a minor innovation though. at the time hardly anyone used it or knew about it while today every uses mouse look.

Duke3D had that.
    Yeah... to bad I didn't learn it, before Duke3D was almost getting too old...

Leave a comment:

• Urban Ranger
    replied
    Automapping in RPG's. The ability to annotate automaps in RPG's. The ability to record conversations and events in RPG's.

Leave a comment:

• St Leo
    replied
    quake1 - mouselook... i'm not sure if you'd call it a minor innovation though. at the time hardly anyone used it or knew about it while today every uses mouse look.

Duke3D had that.

very few RTS games do this for some reason, and that is why I hate most of them.

It's because very few RTS games let units move and attack at the same time. Among other things, that limits the utility of horse archers in AoE because it eliminates the main reason for their historical success.

Total Annihilation: Everything queue-able.
    Imperialism II: WEGO movement.
    Age of Wonders: Simultaneous turns.
    Warlords Battlecry: Persistent heroes. Persistent heroes. Perstistent heroes.

Leave a comment:

• General Ludd
    replied
    Total Anhilation: Intelligent units. If they where ordered to move somewhere and encounter an enemy on the way, they will engage it (and do a "drive by" if possible), ect... very few RTS games do this for some reason, and that is why I hate most of them.

Leave a comment:

• mrmitchell
    replied
    I play Red Faction....(go ahead, laugh)you rarely need to change weapons, and most of the time you'll find a brand new bug when you try to use a key bind.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Originally posted by Rasbelin
    No, it's not. I use it all the time for MoH:AA and SH.
    Well I don't play MoH, but if there are several weapons I bet you the top players don't use the mousewheel to change weapons.

I am a Quake3 player............no one who is anything in the game uses the mousewheel for weapon switching. When you need a certain weapon you need it immediately, not after you have cycled through the weapons.

Leave a comment:

• Adagio
    replied
    - Using mousewheel for zooming in RTS games...

What I like most of all, is:
    - Having several different teams, with special abilities (Special units, etc)

Leave a comment:

• Rasbelin
    replied
    No, it's not. I use it all the time for MoH:AA and SH.

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Originally posted by mrmitchell

-Changing weapons with the mouse wheel...
    Eek, that's awful. Use a different key bind for each weapon, and find something else for the mousewheel.

Leave a comment:

• mrmitchell
    replied
    Minor innovations?

Most of them are already said, but:

-Mouselook...I can't imagine life without it
    -Keyboard Shortcuts...Ditto
    -Changing weapons with the mouse wheel...
    -asdw instead of arrow keys...my keyboard is in the position where using the arrows would be uncomfortable to say the least, but asdw works great (then again maybe I am just an idiot)
    -noCD cracks....

Leave a comment:

• DrSpike
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandman
    Games coming in DVD boxes, as opposed to those cardboard boxes.
    Lol.............I still have a space the size of a small warehouse back home dedicated to storing all my old boxes from Amiga and PC games.

Leave a comment:

• Sandman
    replied
    Games coming in DVD boxes, as opposed to those cardboard boxes.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    I use Soylent Green too mmmmm

For minor innovations id say the in-game tutorial or the training mission, for those of us who cant be arsed to read the manual from cover to cover!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X