No announcement yet.

Here's a simple military question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably one per squad is issued. The USMC does things a bit different from that Army (quite a bit different), so I'm guessing. Other grunts in the squad will carry extra rounds for those, and for the M249 SAWs as well.

What you hump in the Marines or in the "heavy" army is a lot different than what you hump as airborne or as a light fighter. Having or not having vehicles close by to support you, and the type and duration of operation you're engaged in makes all the difference.
    When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

How big is basic group? 6, 8 men? I figure if it's 6 men, 2 men would have those with them, as it takes two to make the perfect ambush for tank.. both carrying bazookas, so that's my guess, two men in 6 men group (also if the first one misses, they can make corrections and take it out with the second, one is look out, one firing, after that change roles and do the same) and then being ready to kill all the guys possibly coming out of the tank. This is one basic model to take out tank, but there are many so I don't know what marines for example prefer to use. If possible, the rest of the group is taking some distance to the other two, so that if they fail to disable the tank, they won't be all getting it from the tank, and also to make better effect with their assault rifles to guys getting out of the tank, or possibly covering the tank. So my guess is two guys in group, they could form 'bazooka team' in it, secondary mission being taking care of tanks or armoured vehicles. But these are only guesses, 0% fact.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Does every US soldier now carry a bazooka/RPG launcher or whatever?

They all seem to have a tube strapped to their back ...

Nope, they all have a packet of Pringles with them...
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Or arrows.. you never know when you have to go back to basics..
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

are you talking about these things?

This is an AT4 and it weighs 15lbs...
            Attached Files
            Be the bid!

Comment

That's actually the tailpipe from my Civic.

Get it straight!!!
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
              X