No announcement yet.

Massive Air Strike Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that's why they used them and threw them away like a used condom?
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• So basically, the US, as a weak but proud state got into a row with the new revolutionary government of its ally, which demanded of it things it was unwilling to give... though eventually we made up, and it was against Britian that we would be at war with in a decade...

Hmmmm..perhaps there are lessons to be learned?

The Founding Fathers didn't like the French anymore than I do.

Well, thats not true of Franklyn or Jefferson. Must be a Hamiltonian.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Franklin didn't like them and even Jefferson didn't trust them. I don't see why they would; Vergennes was a real piece of work. de Villepin reminds me a lot of him...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• It should be noted that during the 'undeclared naval war', the United States didn't actually have a Navy. The XYZ Affair led directly to the establishment of the United States Navy.
          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            Franklin didn't like them and even Jefferson didn't trust them. I don't see why they would; Vergennes was a real piece of work. de Villepin reminds me a lot of him...
            I missed Franklyn's francophobia in his memoirs...

I think you forget that Vergennes probalby had lost his head by the time of this affair. Yes, we all know how much the founding fathers disliked the radicalism of the French revolutionary message.

So MM, another thing we have to thank the French for?

But enough of this unwarranted side issue.

Comment

• Then if the US didn't have a navy, how did it fight an "undeclared quasi-naval war"? Ships ain't built in 48 hours...

It did have a navy, just not a major one though.
              A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• I think you forget that Vergennes probalby had lost his head by the time of this affair.

No I didn't. The Founding Fathers were hostile to the French well before the XYZ affair occurred. The Founding Fathers were well aware of the cynical reasons the French had for supporting the US and had no love for them...

But enough of this unwarranted side issue.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Hmmm... I see the threadjackers have done it again.

Well... back on topic, or I'll just restrict the bunch of you.

Have nice day...
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• In war news, CNN is reporting that the entire Iraqi 51st division has surrendered. Not a Republican Guard division, but still a good thing...
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• They're saying 8,000 troops, and they had 200 tanks before the war (no mention how many they have now).

Comment

• So they can finally move into Basra..
                        Well, the reular Iraqi army is doing what everyone expected them to do.

I am still not shocked an awed by this air campaign: They are hitting several targets redundantly, and while I undertand why they do so, many of those are obvious targets, probalby long ago emptied by the Iraqis. I don;t think we will somehow cause so much demoralization among the populace that they will kick Saddam out of Baghdad.

Comment

• Maybe "shock and awe" was just disinformation...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I think you're underestimating the that could've been ME effect.

Comment

• Theres still 1 more Iraqi division in Basra. Although if the 51st is gone, it should be easier

Comment

• I think the Iraquis won't fight too hard to defend open ground, perhaps they'll make a light stand in Basra and a major one in Baghdad. The war will get ugly if Baghdad is besieged from land.

My goddarn cable just got off the air (no CNN ) , perhaps a stray smart bomb ended up in Puebla, Mexico???

BTW, Ming, I see a lawsuit from panag coming your way (re: have a nice day)
                                A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Working...
                                X