Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The USA and Britian can be knick out of the UN.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stinger is propably a sun reader.

Comment

• France obviously has alot of clout on the world stage abou the same as the UK. Germany although econimicaly powerful is similar to Japan in that is is very reluctant to flex its muscles either militarily or indeed politcaly on a global scale. Germany restricts itself to influencing Europe and Japan South East Asia.

The EU itself is very limited in non economic areas because the major members hardly ever agree to a large enough extent to commit to do anything.
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

• France has far more clout than the UK.

Especially in the EU this is striking.

The Franco-German Axis pushes that up to new levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
          stinger is propably a sun reader.
          I'm afraid not.

The raection to my Polish comment is more typical of a tabloid reader

Poland with apopulation of over 30 mil will have a lot of votes in any EU decision.
          Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

France has far more clout than the UK.

Especially in the EU this is striking.

The Franco-German Axis pushes that up to new levels.
            I was talking about globaly.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheStinger

I'm afraid not.

The raection to my Polish comment is more typical of a tabloid reader

Poland with apopulation of over 30 mil will have a lot of votes in any EU decision.
              yeah, and their mighty gdp will give a lot of gravitas to their initiatives

Comment

• Globally too.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso
                  italy doesnt matter at all since renaissance. poland - hahahahahahah
                  Shhhhhhhhh! Heresson is around...

Comment

Globally too.
                    No they haven't.

I am not trying to bash the French here at all I was just trying to analyse the strenghts of the countires.

France is economicaly and militarily similar to the UK. They both have had and lost empires and both still retain links to theri former colonies.

How do you come up with the assertion that France has more influence on a global stage

Comment

• Originally posted by LaRusso

yeah, and their mighty gdp will give a lot of gravitas to their initiatives
                      Since when does GDP matter unedr QMV

Comment

• The UK has no allies apart the US.

Certaintly not the arabs or the europeans.

What influence can have is now only by its military. Which is nothing special nor applicaple in every situation, far from it.

UK doesnt really "Exist" beyond the shadow of the US.

France does.

I'm not trying to bash the UK either, its doing a great job all by itself.

Comment

• The UK has strong ties with Pakistan and India, France doesn't.eyjpt and Jordan have had ties with the UK for years. Many African countires have ties with the UK( Look at Sierra Leone for example) Having the US as your allie also goves you influence. Cnada and Australia are obviously linked with us.

Japan invests more in the UK than any other European country. On and Italy and Spain are fed up withe Franco-German axis and are not automaticaly sidding with it anymore.

Comment

• The countries you talked about hate you, and only cooperate with you if they are intimidated in doing so.

France enjoys far better relations with them and the arab world in general.

Comment

• As a sidenote, Greece has the best relations with the Arabs in Europe, more than France.

Comment

The countries you talked about hate you, and only cooperate with you if they are intimidated in doing so.

France enjoys far better relations with them and the arab world in general.
                                Oh yeah Australians hate us don't they. Taking the piss out of us is not the same as hating.

Millions of Indians and Pakistanis moved to the UK they must really hate us.

France is popular with the arab world- oh of course thats why algerian terrorists are always attacking them.

Comment

Working...
                                X