Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midnight Express continued: 64th person dies in Turkey's «white cells» prisons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is that even possible? Did they ad heroin in his sandwiches?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

You don't take hard drugs?
      I thought you were Finnish.

Comment

No I don't even drink alcohol anymore, or drink coffee for that matter. I have poisoned my body enough already.
        The only way I can see the guy loosing weight with subway diet is not eat the food.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

That basically what he did. The Subway diet relies on eating about 1000 calories a day. It doesn't matter what you're eating at that point, most people will lose weight eating that little.

It's roughly one fourth what most Americans eat, IIRC.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Sounds reasonable.
            In da butt.

Comment

I have a hard time feeling sorry for some commie who intentionally starves himself to death. I'm sure he didn't like jail but dieing to get media attention doesn't sound so good to me.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

There' no way I'm going to defend Turkish prisons, but here's what the issue is:

Turkishs prisons currently house prisoners in facilities that resemble army barracks (i.e., large groups housed together in big rooms); they want to shift to prisons with 2-man cells. They want to make this shift because they claim that the current system essentially allows criminal groups to control the prisons; this appears to be true. The prisoners say they oppose the shift because smaller cells will make torture easier; this also appears to be true.

So there's your rock and hard place: which is more important, the state's need to control its prisons and prisoners, or the prisoners' right to not be tortured? (Obviously, the real solution is for Turkey to stop practicing torture, but that hasn't happened yet -- though the new government is attempting serious reforms in that area.)

Discuss.
                "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

smaller cells, no torture. me thinks.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

I think Azazel is on to a possible solution to the Turkish question.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

But as Rufus says, this is not one of the options.
                      urgh.NSFW

Comment

cant we just drop criminals into a big pit with various hillbilly instruments?
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by GP

You have Jared in Finland? Man you all have been Coca-colonized. Just tell Colon to note the convergence evidence.
                          Don't underestimate Jared. He has a mad fadeaway jumper.
                          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

pure necro ressurect and blast from the past

(with added twist)
                            Greece rules against extraditing eight soldiers that Turkey accuses of involvement in a failed coup.

Comment

this is an updated link to the piece used in OP...

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X