• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my final day of being a teenager
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
    What type of idiot quotes himself
    -paramir

Comment

Whaleboy, the first thing you need to do is stop dressing all in black and get some new clothes. You won't feel like a freak or be treated like a freak if you don't look like a freak.

Then get yourself some fresh air by going out around the block a bit. Maybe pick up a new hobby like jogging or something which wil get you outside on your own terms. That it would be good for your health is also a benifet.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by paramir
        HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!
        Not belated - coming.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sounds messy.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Whaleboy, do you know why you have become like that?
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. Sounds like a good occasion to celebrate.
              Nooo! Tomorrow I will be a year closer to death. I've hated birthdays since I was 17.

Whaleboy, do you know why you have become like that?
              Well I've spent my time since 2001 ruining my education. Dropped out of sixth form, passed up a scholarship at one of the best schools in this part of the country, and spent most of my time at college drinking, taking drugs or womanising. I think I just lost my drive.
              "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
              "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                Well I've spent my time since 2001 ruining my education. Dropped out of sixth form, passed up a scholarship at one of the best schools in this part of the country, and spent most of my time at college drinking, taking drugs or womanising. I think I just lost my drive.
                And do you think that's a problem that needs to be solved?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Yah, hence anti-deps. The remnants of any drive I had are being thrown into this novel, guess I should think about retaking A levels or something.
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

Oh. Well then, maybe you should ponder what kind of studies will interest you enough that you can sustain the "drive" for long enough.

In my experience (I have terrible trouble keeping a "drive" for long), studies that are heavy on deadlines are better than those who let you free to organize your year however you want.

Comment

Yah, hence anti-deps. The remnants of any drive I had are being thrown into this novel, guess I should think about retaking A levels or something.
                      My partner failed his 'A' levels due to being at boarding school and feeling isolated because of his sexuality.

One might have thought that given his excellent performance at 'O' level this would have triggered some alarm bells with teaching staff, but it was the 70s, so nobody noticed.

I'm happy to say he is now a well-adjusted happy handsome homo in gainful employment possessed of a first class brain, although he has been in a long term relationship with me since 1984, so obviously there are still some creases to be ironed out....

Remember, kiddo- as Augustine of Hippo once said:

'Do not despair- one of the thieves was saved. Do not presume- one of the thieves was damned.'

And if that quote was good enough for chuckle meister Samuel Beckett, it should be good enough for you too.
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

And if that quote was good enough for chuckle meister Samuel Beckett, it should be good enough for you too.
                        I concur.

Comment

I concur.
                          Why thank you, Mr. Spock.

Gosh.

From the leading dramatist of the Theatre of the Absurd to a television series with William Shatner, in one small bound.

Actually not so big a leap when you consider that Beckett's play 'Endgame'/'Fin de Partie' had a character called Hamm in it.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

If you're planning on getting published - getting a copy of the latest "Writers and Artists Yearbook" can save you an awful lot of wasted effort...

... although I've got nothing against banging away on the keys for therapy reasons. Even if it just makes you feel better it's worth while.

Although making money from writing shouldn't do you much harm, unless you get too much too soon.
                            Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                            "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

From the leading dramatist of the Theatre of the Absurd to a television series with William Shatner, in one small bound.
                              You don't think obscene amounts of logic lends itself to amateur dramatics?

Cruddy, good advice . W&A is a good directory for agents, and I'd need an agent in order to approach big publishers. They get 50-60 new manuscripts daily, of which they'll take on maybe 8-10 new writers per year, and they'd just bin unsolicited manuscripts without reading them. Another route is smaller publishers where you'd have to pay but I'd prefer a bigger one. But I'll worry about it when I'm finished!

Comment

Nooo! Tomorrow I will be a year closer to death. I've hated birthdays since I was 17.
                                Don't forget, life is a terminal illness.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X