PETA is filled with idiots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Tubers. It is hypocracy.

By benefiting from something you wish to stop you are being a hypocrit.

Protest Lumber Industry - Live in Wood House

Protest Oil Industry - Drive a Car

Who cares if it isn't the "same" wood my current house is built of or the same "gas" I have in my car now.

Of course, all in general, not for specific cases. Most PETA member, AFAIK, are against all forms of animal testing. If they take anything that was tested on an animal it shows their support. If what they are currently protesting produces a drug in the future that they benefit from, the are hypocrits. Regardless when something occured, if you support it but protest it than you are a hypocrit.

Time is not the issue.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

That's like saying someone's a hypocrite for begin a vegitarian if they ever ate meat in the past. It's not hypocricy to say we know better now, but we should benefit off of what we did in the past.

Would you argue that everyone who says we should stop dicking over the American Indian should move to Europe? You and I benefit from the theft of Indain lands and the genocide against Indians in the 19th Century. Is it hypocricy to say that it's wrong to keep shafting American Indians?
      No it's not, she is still benefitting from the research, if she benefitted from it in the past

Your analogy would hold water. She would be dead if she didn't use that benefit. But she thinks that other people should die at the expense of animals, while she survives....at the expense of animals.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        I agree with Tubers. It is hypocracy.

By benefiting from something you wish to stop you are being a hypocrit.

Protest Lumber Industry - Live in Wood House

Protest Oil Industry - Drive a Car

Who cares if it isn't the "same" wood my current house is built of or the same "gas" I have in my car now.

Of course, all in general, not for specific cases. Most PETA member, AFAIK, are against all forms of animal testing. If they take anything that was tested on an animal it shows their support. If what they are currently protesting produces a drug in the future that they benefit from, the are hypocrits. Regardless when something occured, if you support it but protest it than you are a hypocrit.

Time is not the issue.
        It's like being a vegetarian and still eat meat "because the animal has already been killed"
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Get out of America you hypocrites!
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Get out of America you hypocrites!
            Translated: I've lost this argument.....

ACK!

Comment

I don't agree. If you say that believing that by opposing something that you think is wrong now, but that you benefit off it it's practice in the past is hypocricy, then most of you are hypocrites for benefitting from genocide, theft, slavery, the subjugation of women, etc. etc. You may as well kill yourself now, you are so evil.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

would be that it would likely still involve animal exploitation, however, since without meat, the dieter would require a massive increase in dairy and egg products.
                I once met a vegan who seriously argued that since we've bred cows to a point where they need to be milked, we have to milk them (by finding them in the wild, of course - every cow every day), but it's not acceptable to use the milk - that would be exploitation.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

I once met a vegan who seriously argued that since we've bred cows to a point where they need to be milked, . . .
                  S/he didn't know what s/he was talking about. Anyone who knows a little bit about dairy farming can tell you that milk cows must be milked so that they don't stop producing milk. Just like humans, milking cows only produce milk as long as there is a demand for that milk. As soon as the demand dries up, so does the milk.

Comment

I don't agree. If you say that believing that by opposing something that you think is wrong now, but that you benefit off it it's practice in the past is hypocricy, then most of you are hypocrites for benefitting from genocide, theft, slavery, the subjugation of women, etc. etc. You may as well kill yourself now, you are so evil.
                    Of course we are. You make a good point.

But, none of these were done to my direct benefit. And all of those happened to humans not animals.

ACK!

Comment

Milk, milk, mmmmmiiiillllk, what a funny looking word.

Comment

Good with Oreos, good for teeth and bones, bad for my stomach.

I'll still drink it with Oreos on occasion, but I won't
                        drink it just ot help my teeth and bones.

ACK!
                        Last edited by Tuberski; September 24, 2004, 14:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist

I once met a vegan who seriously argued that since we've bred cows to a point where they need to be milked, we have to milk them (by finding them in the wild, of course - every cow every day), but it's not acceptable to use the milk - that would be exploitation.
                          Hey this vegan would think that PETA members shouldn't use the benefits of animal testing.
                          Using 'immorally' taken goods is forbidden then, remember to remind her next time you see her, just incase she supports PETA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                            But, none of these were done to my direct benefit.
                            Sure they were. You're an American, so you directly benefit. It would be very difficult to be an American had those events not occured.

Humans versus animals ins't a good counter-point, because hypocricy isn't depentent on the object (animal testing, stealing indian lands) but rather the subject (PETA diabetics and modern Americans).

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                              Good with Oreos,
                              I hate you. Now I have a craving for milk and Oreos.

Comment

Sure they were. You're an American, so you directly benefit. It would be very difficult to be an American had those events not occured.

Humans versus animals ins't a good counter-point, because hypocricy isn't depentent on the object (animal testing, stealing indian lands) but rather the subject (PETA diabetics and modern Americans).
                                I already said we were hypocrites.......

ACK!

Comment

Working...
                                X