This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the playoff pool.

It's an easy system. Just pick 10 players and one goalie from lists provided by the pool. Check it out at:

Plus you could win prizes from Crappy Tire.
    Golfing since 67

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai
      Join the playoff pool.

It's an easy system. Just pick 10 players and one goalie from lists provided by the pool. Check it out at:

Plus you could win prizes from Crappy Tire.

I'm in.
      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• I hate the couple of days gap before the playoffs start. I understand why it is necessary . . . travel plus teams not even knowing where they are headed until Sunday . .. but its just weird to go a couple of days without

Thankfully I'm playing tonight . .. its the semifinals of our "No-talent beer league"
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Awck, not only is the NHL on hold, but my beer league semi-finals are on hold until after Easter.

I did the fill the gap with a playoff pool draft last night.

Stupid comment of the night: in the sixth round, one of drafters asks "Is Forsberg still available?"

Runner-up for the Ottawa Sens Draft Pick Award : One of drafters, Marcel, saying "I'll take Sykora"

Winner of the Ottawa Sens Draft Pick Award: Two rounds later, Marcel saying "I'll take Kovalchuk."

Marcel also picked a team for his buddy. First two picks: Thornton and Tanguay.
          Golfing since 67

Comment

• Linden deserves to play for a better team.
            Be nice to win it all for Linden.

I thought the Canucks would just fold up and go home without Bert, but the Canucks have played better without him. They are a completely different team with their trade deadline acquisitions, and the loss of Todd Bertuzzi. I used to get so frusterated watching them, but over the last few games they have really been firing on all cylinders.

I just have one concern, their powerplay is one of the worst in the league, and it really helps to have a good PP in the playoffs. However, their penalty killing is top-notch, which is unheard of for a Vancouver team.

I'm SOOO happy they won the division and stuck it to Colorado.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• My playoff predictions:

East

Tampa in 4, NY Isles won't win a game.

Montreal in 7 over Boston, in an awesome series.

New Jersey in 7 over Philly, another long, tough series.

Ottawa in 5 over the old guys.

West

Detroit in 4

San Jose in 6. Blues have been struggling, and San Jose has really come together.

Vancouver in 5. Someone has to score for you to win games. Iggy ain't going anywhere against the Canucks six.

Dallas in 7 over Colorado. Long tough series, the goaltending of Turco will come through.

SECOND ROUND:

Tampa vs. Montreal

Montreal in 6

New Jersey vs. Ottawa,

New Jersey in 7.

Detroit vs. Dallas

Detroit in 7.

Vancouver vs. San Jose.

Vancouver in 6.

Third round.

Montreal vs. New Jersey, Montreal in 7.

Vancouver vs. Detroit, Vancouver in 7

Cup final.

Vancouver in 6 over Montreal.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                My playoff predictions:

Cup final.

Vancouver in 6 over Montreal.
                While Ilike the all-Canadian ending, I fear its just wishful thinking
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• End of 1st period - Nashville 1: Detroit 0

quack... quack
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Nevermind that Detroit ended up winning.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                      Nevermind that Detroit ended up winning.
                      But it was fun to watch them sweat for 2 periods.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• 1-0 Vancouver already! and on the power play, no less.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Yeah, I just had a gloat in the other thread.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

• ****ing Niemenen.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• 2-0 now. I guess that Kiprusoff guy wasn't so good after all.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• The first was unstoppable, unpredictable deflection right infront of the net.

The second was virtually unstoppable, being screened by no less than four Canucks...

Both times one man down...
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X