Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nu-Rock band does a U-turn from it’s religionist roots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste
    mmm...Opeth...

Got their complete discography

Bands to be listed in the "kick ass" category also include Dark Tranquillity, Ulver, Agalloch, Katatonia, Amorphis, Kreator, Edge of Sanity, Devin Townsend, At the Gates, Nevermore, Symphony X, Skyclad (preferably with Martin Walkyier), Anathema, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Death, Samael...

If I haven't succeeded in making myself sound like a complete music snob by now, this will do it. I own every Maudlin of the Well album, and albums by Anglagard and Viikate.

[/blatant showing off]

Lacuna Coil aren't the greatest band in the world, true, but their debut EP was pretty excellent. Their two albums after that were a little dissappointing but Comalies is a damn good album. Saw them live last year too and I thought they were enjoyable. A lot of people hate the male vocals, but I think they fit the music.

If this post had a point, it's gone now.
    I must be out of touch with current music now days.

The only one's I have heard of are Kreator and Lacuna Coil (which I wasn't overly impressed by)

Comment

• Either that or my spending of over $1000 per year on music is maybe a bit excessive. Probably the latter.

I've only bothered to buy one Lacuna Coil album (Comalies), but I'll still support them. They impressed me live and most of everyone else in the room seemed to agree.
      We're falling from ecstasy...

Comment

• Most of the bands on your list are great, especially Edge of Sanity and Skyclad
        The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• What happens to people that make them listen to 100 different deathmetal bands?

Nothing wrong with the genre, but you know, it reminds me of the guy who ate only Kraft Dinner, breakfast, lunch and supper, 365 days a year.

A little disfunctional...
          Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

• Death metal isn't my preferred style although I like a few bands (I'm much more into doom, thrash, progressive and increasingly more avant-garde stuff these days). It's not really the vocals that you're supposed to pay attention to. The riffing and drumming are what's important in that genre and a lot of that rhythm playing is pretty damn amazing.

Tons of fun live to.

Comment

• Grindcore and Screamo.

Best MMORPG on the net: www.cyberdunk.com?ref=310845

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. -Gandhi

Comment

• I just can't see not liking Metallica's new album solely based on them selling out. Because Metallica sold out years ago. I can't see liking the black album, but not liking this one. The black album is a serious sellout, and imho one of their worst albums. Some people claim they sold out in 1984 when the put out a ballad song on an album. I don't agree with that. But you could see a radical change in 1991.

Now if you don't like the new album because it sounds like crap, well that's okay .

Comment

• anybody listen to the Metal channel on Cox digital cable? I've always enjoyed that one. I used to think I listened to a lot of metal, but they play so much metal I have never heard of. Although a lot of it is crap .

They were just playing Morbid Angel. I have heard of them, MTV actually played them (on headbangers ball of course). Although I normally don't like that kind of gutteral screaming/singing. It gets kind of annoying. But musically- I like morbid angel.

Right now they are playing someone called Byzantine. The singer is crap- as is most singers of this type of metal band. I have never heard of them, but they do kind of rock. 2004 it says. I'm impressed how well death metal has hung around. It has outlived pretty much all metal styles.

Comment

• Just like to point out that the only reason I've heard of Matchbox 20 is through Asher, had no idea they'd sold 23 million records but they are still totally crap regardless.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• It has outlived pretty much all metal styles.
                      That's not really true at all. Old school Floridian Death metal and grindcore is still popular in the US but it's been losing ground in relation to more Gothenburg and thrash oriented stuff recently, and in Europe its power metal that is huge and Gothenburg metal is also ridiculously popular there. There are also plenty of active and innovative doom metal bands floating around. My Dying Bride just released a new album today! Whoohoo!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                        Just like to point out that the only reason I've heard of Matchbox 20 is through Asher, had no idea they'd sold 23 million records but they are still totally crap regardless.

I'll never forget how badly I wanted to punch this guy I saw singing 3 AM badly with all his heart at some bar during the karaoke hour. As if I didn't already hate that band enough.

Originally posted by Dissident anybody listen to the Metal channel on Cox digital cable? I've always enjoyed that one. I used to think I listened to a lot of metal, but they play so much metal I have never heard of. Although a lot of it is crap .
                        I'll flip to it occasionally. I've heard some good stuff on there, and some bad. They do play King Diamond a decent amount I've noticed and that's good.
                        "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Working...
                        X