No announcement yet.

Morals, Ethics... WWJD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pekka. I'm pretty sure about this: In the United States your juvenile criminal record gets wiped clean when you reach the age of majority, which in most states is 21. You might consider asking the Finnish authorities if the same is true in Finland. If you are over twenty-one I believe that you would be within your rights to answert "no" to the question based upon the usual legal practice in the US. You might consider consulting a lawyer in this matter, though.
    The other possibility is that you could infiltrate a drug ring, gather information, then turn them over to the authorities. It doesn't have to be a major drug ring, it could even be just a friend or two. You could then ask the police to give you some sort of commendation, which you could use on your visa application to counter-balance your record. You might even affirm your desire to lend similar aid to the American authorities. We're always looking for a few good men.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
      You can always come to Canada instead.
      Canada! Canada!

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

dr strangelove, yeah.. the problem is, our authorities don't do deals. The police record stays forever. Criminal records get wiped out after time has passed though.. I might have to contact a lawyer and see what they think. If this was US and its laws, I'd have no problems, but as our laws are not equivalent to each other, it makes my problem bigger.

The question asked very clearly 'Have you EVER...'. It's very clear, and I'd be lying if I put No to it. And I get interview (those new safety measures) in embassy anyway, and I'd get caught, I'm terrible liar..
        But I consult a lawyer in this matter. And you know, it doesn't matter if I turned in Pablo Escobar himself if he was alive, it wouldn't get wiped out. And I'm not maybe willing to go undercover to catch druggies in the US.. too dangerous.. . Well maybe, if I got to be a cop, investigator or something like that, then I'd do, but not as a civilian.

I don't know, maybe this is doomed from the beginning, but.. We'll see, I'm still undecided, I kind of want to go with the truth though.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
        X