Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmyh
    replied
    Early combat units should require barracks, stables, archery range, etc, then when u get tanks, etc then tank factorys should be needed.

Also with planes, air bases would be needed.

P.S I'm the programmer on this little venture.

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    For certain units there maybe a city improvement requirement for armies.

But most will just require the resource.

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    about the harbors...you obviously need them to build ships...will this be the same for land and air units...needing certain improvements to build them (for the land units atleast the more advance units because you do need a free buildable unit from the start of course)

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    Adding additional terrain types would multiply the time and effort it took to just get 9 terrains in and it just gets worse the more you add.

The terrain list:

Dry Grassland
    Lush Grassland (like in the U.K.)
    Plains
    Tundra
    Arctic
    Sandy Desert (Sahara)
    Dry Desert (Afghanistan)
    Open Swamp (swampy areas that are not humid/have no forests)
    Dense Swamp (Amazon)

Yes, forests, hills and mountains are overlays.

Zooming is in.

Harbours have a direct effect with the adjacent city.

Population numbers does effect how you play the game. But we also wanted to make things more realistic with the numbers.

Leave a comment:

• Kuciwalker
    replied
    Re: Humanitas Game Details

Originally posted by Sn00py
    3. Gather Resources RTS style. (not real-time gathering).

4. Technologies are split into Inventions and Discoveries.

Interesting. A tentative

5. 9 terrain types (land).

Why finalize that now?

6. Each terrain has their own set of forests, hills and mountains.

So forests, hills, and mountains are overlays?

7. Cities can sprawl.

Not new like 4, but still a tentative

8. Tiles are diamond, at size 256x128. (double the size of Civ 2 and Civ 3).

We can zoom so they're the same, right?

9. Beaches and Cliffs for coastal areas.

10. Harbours/Ports are built on cliff/beach tiles, provided there is a city adjacent. Ships are built at Ports not at Cities.

Do they have a direct effect on the city adjacent?

11. Certain Wonders are built outside the city.

Do you get the effect if you occupy the tile?

12. Figures are not rounded up to the nearest 100, 1000, etc. So you can have a population of: 42,031,203.

IIRC C3 does this too. Seems a bit meaningless either way, unless the population number has a direct gameplay effect.

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by aoerana

What types of maps will be available?
    Random Maps and Earth maps.

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by The diplomat

So, I guess this will be true for units too. How will building units work? Will the player be able to choose how many people are in an army?
    Yes, you decide how many men you want in an army, however, this depends on how many people you have in your city.

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by GeoModder
    Certain Wonders built outside a city... does this mean that this tile's resources can't be gathered anymore? Or are those certain Wonders itself then a sort of unique 'improvement' on the tile?

And the game starting at 10.000 BC? I gather that players literally start from zip knowledge, safe for the exception of hunting/gathering?

Is this starting date fixed?

The outside wonders are like a terrain improvement.

Leave a comment:

• The diplomat
    replied
    Originally posted by Sn00py
    By the way, no figures in the game whether it be population, resource amount, etc, are not rounded to the nearest, 100, or 1,000 ...
    Figures have realistic numbers, so you could have 51,037,303 people.
    So, I guess this will be true for units too. How will building units work? Will the player be able to choose how many people are in an army?

Leave a comment:

• aoerana
    replied
    2. Settlers cannot uncover the map.
    Do you know what the starting units will be?
    Will a scout be one of your starting units?

8. Tiles are diamond, at size 256x128. (double the size of Civ 2 and Civ 3).
    What types of maps will be available?

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Certain Wonders built outside a city... does this mean that this tile's resources can't be gathered anymore? Or are those certain Wonders itself then a sort of unique 'improvement' on the tile?

And the game starting at 10.000 BC? I gather that players literally start from zip knowledge, safe for the exception of hunting/gathering?

Is this starting date fixed?

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
    cool stockpiling...so for example to build a barrack you would need certain amount of rescources AND time...do i get it now?

correct

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    cool stockpiling...so for example to build a barrack you would need certain amount of rescources AND time...do i get it now?

Leave a comment:

• FrostyBoy
    replied
    Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
    could you explain the RTS manner of rescource gathering?...are there 'minable' areas were workers move to then work and then move back or something?

No, no need for workers to gather resources.

A city can start gathering resources from just a few tiles away, regardless of mine or road.
    However if you connect a road, you will gather resources faster (or actually, you will recieve more of that resource per turn).
    The same thing will happen if you build a mine. Mining is not available until later down the track however.

So, if you can read between my lines, you can see that a city gathers resources and stockpiles them in the city.

By the way, no figures in the game whether it be population, resource amount, etc, are not rounded to the nearest, 100, or 1,000 ...
    Figures have realistic numbers, so you could have 51,037,303 people.

Leave a comment:

• DeathByTheSword
    replied
    could you explain the RTS manner of rescource gathering?...are there 'minable' areas were workers move to then work and then move back or something?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X