Have we all lost interest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have we ever had any interest?

Well maybe some before the day they announced it will be a dino game...

Comment

I lost interest as soon as I learned it would be real-time.

Starcraft is one thing...

...but we have a higher calling

Comment

I hope Dinos absolutely rocks, and that everyone here who has slammed it based on very little info has to eat their own words.

Of course, that's never going to happen because this is a civ forum, and no matter how good (or bad) the game turns out to be, it's never going to appease a community who sets it's standards so high. (Although, congrats must go to civ games in the past for setting the bar so high).

Nice to see the odd spark of optimism in here lately. It makes a change.

- MKL
        - mkl

Comment

A dinosaur game just strikes me as an excuse to write really dumb AI.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Riv/\ /\En on 08-16-2000 03:59 PM
            I lost interest as soon as I learned it would be real-time.

when did we learn it was going to be real time....

Comment

Didn't they pretty much say it would be a real time game?

Anyhow i certainly hope Dino's isn't holding up production of civ3. We've waited for civ3 long enough, don't you think?

And markg, yeah i saw jurassic park, and it sucked.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Youv'e waiting 3 years or so what is another 1 day or year going to do to you?

Comment

technically i've been waiting for civ3 ever since civ2 came out. so it's been more like 6 going on 7 years.
                  -connorkimbro
                  "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I never had interest in Dinos! to begin with. Mostly because I felt this was going to be a Warcraft/Starcraft clone, and with each Dino Diary, my feelings were confirmed each time.

With WarIII to be released somewhere around Christmas also...

Dinos! is all but likely to be DOA.

------------------
                    Two Women Escaping in a Phonebooth: Reiko Aya & Akane Karasuma

mooniecode[1.12.25] SM:5[6]m- F:sUr++Pl>++:vAlLeS[+]Gx X:***:aCl[R2]mRSmSSSmSSAm*s++|Cl[R]d:m49r++|1s O:d---:s:?o:a+:h+:x? P:a++:s:w:f:eB:hBl+:t-:cWh:*Cn:x+:r+|+
                    Two Women Escaping in a Phonebooth: Reiko Aya & Akane Karasuma

mooniecode[1.12.25] SM:5[6]m- F:sUr++Pl>++:vAlLe:pS[+]Gx X:***:aCl[R2]mRSmSSSmSSAm*s++|Cl[R]d:m49r++|1s O:d---:s:?o:a+:h+:x? P:a++:s:w:f:eB:hBl+:t-:cWh:*Cn:x+:r+|+

Comment

C'mon, this is -Sid Meier- we're talking about. Let's not write it off quite yet.
                      "If Lincoln were alive today, he'd probably want to get out of his tomb"
                      "He siezed power in a bloodless coup -- all smotherings."

Comment

quote:

technically i've been waiting for civ3 ever since civ2 came out[..]

Does this mean Civ2 didnt satisfy you?

ATa

Comment

Working...
                        X