Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETB
    replied
    Well, maybe we can stick with Goodmod/SAP for the next tourney and just have the opposite land to ocean ratio and extra (maybe 12) AIs. That would give MedMod at least another month or so to polish up and give tournament players a familiar mod to play on, but a different game. It would certainly be more difficult to handle AIs if they are all on the same landmass, so the difficulty level should NOT be raised. Anyway, I am all for Locutus deciding/making the games and letting us suggest our ideas for future games.

Leave a comment:

• centrifuge
    replied
    Originally posted by Maquiladora

ah indeed i did, have to take a looksie seeing as you beat me
    Any advice or observations are always welcome

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    yo i allied w/ the greeks again... and my science score had a point where it simply rockets...
    now im building all the wonders in my build query to rack up point... and actually win this time

Leave a comment:

• Jesper Portus
    replied
    Originally posted by mapfi
    Jesper, that's looking good, but probably taking lots of time
    Oh yes! For the next tournament my goal is a fast victory!

So long
    Jesper

Leave a comment:

• mapfi
    replied
    Jesper, that's looking good, but probably taking lots of time

Locutus, thanks for the laurels (does one say that in English?). I still can't belive it was that good. Funny thing is, comparing my score to centrifuges made me look up the old post and I just realized I still got my Max.Player setting on 0. Hm, tells you how stupid I am, I guess I should change that for the next tournament game, huh?

Speaking of the next tournament game: I'd like more AI's. I'm currently playing this SAP game which started with 16 enemies. It's 1200AD and I'm constantly struggling to keep up. The cool thin is - I can see the AI's also battling each other for more room to expand. There are already around 4 civ's extinct - not by my hand. I see 5 superpowers emerging (hoping to be one of them) and I'm just so looking forward to still be fighting against those in the 20th century. That's what makes the game just so much fun, when it's hard to keep up and you're never really able to get the lead. Somehow, in this tourny I got the lead too fast. So what I'm saying: If people's machines can handle it - more players.
    As for the mod - I haven't played a full game with either med or cradle so I don't care that much and just hope I won't be crushed by the different AI.
    Map Size: Big is cool, but more players and bigger maps clearly isn't going to happen. That's why the size we had seems big enough to me.

Leave a comment:

• Jesper Portus
    replied
    Status report:

*** Year: 1900 ***
    *** Biggest City: 46 ***
    *** Citys: 45 ***
    *** current built in the citys: Arcology ***
    *** current science projekt: Technokraty ***
    *** Next Goal: Colonize the ocean ***

So long
    Jesper

Leave a comment:

• mapfi
    replied
    I went monarchy - republic - democracy - that trade thingie (whatever it's called in english) using entertainers, lots of happiness bulidings and the feats.
    The advantage of close city placement as I did it is in my opinion that I was able to use the population over six either for science to get faster ahead or for entertainers when I was over the city limit.

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    NP, happens all the time

Leave a comment:

• mnbryan37
    replied
    Oh. Sorry I didn't wait long enough for a reply

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Crosspost
    (Yes, I use all happiness buildings and wonders as well - although this game I hadn't built any Cathedrals, would have allowed me to have a few cities more I suppose...)

Leave a comment:

• mnbryan37
    replied
    Maquiladora,

That's what I did also, but Locutus had 48 cities by the year 1505 and Mapfli had 55 by 1550!

Bill

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Originally posted by mnbryan37
    How do you guys get to a government that allows so many cities so early in the game?
    B-line to Facism, use a LOT of Entertainers. I can stand up to 50% above the city limit, after that the economy crashes harder than in the '30s... (which is exactly what had started to happen in my game this tournament, I wouldn't lasted 10 more turns...)

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Just made a b-line for Monarchy, build happiness buildings and usually get a happiness wonder along the way, i can have about 5 or 6 cities over the maximum to keep happiness normal.

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    (this update will probably come some time after IW's city expansion code is released)
    *Pedrunn's* city expansion code...

Leave a comment:

• mnbryan37
    replied
    I took the opposite approach to the 1-tile islands. I attacked them first, as early in the game they only have one military unit. Thus, I was able to attack with just a single ship of the line.

How do you guys get to a government that allows so many cities so early in the game?

Bill

Leave a comment:

Working...
X