Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maquiladora
    replied
    The game is actually very stable for me. Except for that in the last tournament, when i crashed to desktop in the late game. But i carried on with that game and it hasnt made me restart.

Yes, the tournament is for fun, but its also to compare our skills to other people. So i think its fair for someone to admit they reloaded continually. If they restart the game or reload more than once or twice the it should be unofficial. I can think of many ways to gain an advantage by knowing where all the other civs are, or where the first island is for example.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by HuangShang
    you can restart right... just not submit anything after the first game right?????????... hope not... i probably can't win the try
    In my opinion you can play as much games as you want and submit the best one, actual no one has to admit that he restarted it. I think it depends on the time one player has left if the tourny would be near the dead line then it is something different last time I hadn't the time to restart also I wished, so that's one diadvantage that have the late ones. For the submission thing you can only submitt one game for the official stats, but you can submit as much as you want. And I think Locutus will use the best one if you didn't said anything else.

For the small invasion: I already decided as the AI got the first city to watch the results, so I didn't asked for peace, it could have been very likely that they accepted, but I wanted to watch the disaster, so in the end it were four of five cities on the mean island my Capital was only left, I already lost on another small island a city to that AI, so far I didn't retake it. So that left four cities on somewere on the map.

Actual we all play this tourny game for our own fun, as long it is a single player game it is our own thing how we play. Maybe I would have to restart some turns earlier anyway, I already had some problems with the stability in the last tourny game, so how stabil is the game for you?

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    As i understood it, thats what the unofficial ranking was for. If you restart the game because you lost your second city to a barbarian, that isnt such a big deal. But if you continually reload a turn or worse, restart the game just because something happened you didnt prepare for, then it should be only entered into the unofficial ranking.

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    you can restart right... just not submit anything after the first game right?????????... hope not... i probably can't win the try

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

I can only submit one game, so what should I do if I lose half of my empire? Or what is this method just using slaveres to increase your city size to extremly high numbers waiting until they will revolt and form a new nation and then you conquere them. Or what is if all your cities in the early game are conquered by Barbarians will you submit this conquerd by force loss?

-Martin
    If you lost 4 cities on that main first island that would leave you with around 2/3 cities? I built 7 cities on the main first island, i think you would be able to retake those cities within enough time of rebuilding. Thats the challenge. I dont know the exact rules on reloading a turn though. Would i be able to reload if i lost 1 city? or what about 2? I suppose its open to interpretation. I dont mind anyway, at least its better than restarting the whole game.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by Maquiladora
    Isnt that cheating?
    Torunament Rules
    - You can submit only one game
    I can only submit one game, so what should I do if I lose half of my empire? Or what is this method just using slaveres to increase your city size to extremly high numbers waiting until they will revolt and form a new nation and then you conquere them. Or what is if all your cities in the early game are conquered by Barbarians will you submit this conquerd by force loss?

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    May your invasion as succesfull as this one. (I lost four cities to this AI all the cities on this island accept the capital.) That was worth a reload.
    Isnt that cheating?

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied

By the way was someone of you able to build a wonder in the early game?

-Martin
    I got soooo close to the Chichen Itza. About 3 turns to be exact. I was about 7 turns from completion then the popup came that Saladin was nearing completion etc so i switched after a few turns, fearing he would beat me to it.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    Hey folks,

Count me in, glad to see I'm finally here in time for one of these tournaments.

Looks pretty exciting so far.

Shadow

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by TheArsenal
    I was able to build the Pyramids first (I don't remember the year). And IIRC, I had the tech to build the Great Wall but was WAY too far behind others Civs working on it to get there before them.
    Yeah I was also able to build the Ramajana, I concentrated on it so I was finished as all the other civs where just starting it.

Originally posted by Turambar
    400 ADish - Still stuck on that stupid island. I'm behind in tech and probably everything else but it won't be long before I get Longships and launch my invasion (which will probably be crushed easily).
    May your invasion as succesfull as this one. (I lost four cities to this AI all the cities on this island accept the capital.) That was worth a reload.

-Martin
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    Oh... than i restarted for nothing ... to bad

i had to turtle b/c of the barbs anyway

Leave a comment:

• centrifuge
    replied
    Goodmod for the Super Apolyton Pack

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    i just noticed while playing it... what GoodMod does it use?
    i mean the good mod for which mod... or did i install .993 wrong?
    do they all work

Leave a comment:

• Turambar
    replied
    400 ADish - Still stuck on that stupid island. I'm behind in tech and probably everything else but it won't be long before I get Longships and launch my invasion (which will probably be crushed easily).

Leave a comment:

• TheArsenal
    replied

By the way was someone of you able to build a wonder in the early game?

-Martin
    I was able to build the Pyramids first (I don't remember the year). And IIRC, I had the tech to build the Great Wall but was WAY too far behind others Civs working on it to get there before them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X