Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HuangShang
    replied
    how do you do all that separated qoutes?

Originally posted by Martin G?mann
    I am afraid that this won't help much, but once you have the tech...

Cool, but was it a big civ or just one of these newbe civs, I saw also a lot of them but in the end I just conquered one of them.

But the cool thing was in comparision to the last tournerment that I saw some AIs trying conquering each other. (Also this happend in the late game when transport capacity increased.) That creates some atmosphere a feeling that you are not alone on this world.
    -Martin
    1. i know

2. oh yeah... there may have been more Mayan-like civs... so i may have over 6 enemies

3. hell yeah

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by HuangShang
    1. i don't have spies so i'm trying to threathen the Mayans to give me advances
    I am afraid that this won't help much, but once you have the tech...

2. i forgot to add that the arabs(light blue) conquered another nation
    Cool, but was it a big civ or just one of these newbe civs, I saw also a lot of them but in the end I just conquered one of them.

its amazing how you won already... i cant play for a while though
    Now I have some time but it requred two and a half day of playing, I think that were more than 20 hours. Now I can do some modding again. Actual the same thing again like in the last tournerment. But the cool thing was in comparision to the last tournerment that I saw some AIs trying conquering each other. (Also this happend in the late game when transport capacity increased.) That creates some atmosphere a feeling that you are not alone on this world.

Well just so people dont have to scroll past it, just make it shorter, just put "DP" or something.

Or just leave it
    Or use the long from: Double Post!

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Well just so people dont have to scroll past it, just make it shorter, just put "DP" or something.

Or just leave it

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    uh.... what's edit it down...
    edit: k...done
    Last edited by HuangShang; August 3, 2002, 15:31.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Just edit it down, its a bug with the forum.

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    darn... why cant i delete that post
    Last edited by HuangShang; August 3, 2002, 15:30.

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    deleted DP
    Last edited by HuangShang; August 5, 2002, 11:44.

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    oh and india's the one thats 8th W/ 3 cits

all the wonders except one is under me and greece

i have yet to meet the other wonder holding nation... although i've pretty much have the entire world mapped out

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin G?mann

Why you didn't take the city, if a city revolts in CTP2 all the units in are destroyed, so it was empty.

Can you already build spies if yes use them.

-Martin
    1. i don't have spies so i'm trying to threathen the Mayans to give me advances

2. i forgot to add that the arabs(light blue) conquered another nation

3. and i just declared war on india... attacking peacemeal again... didn't get anywhere... they unlike the dutch... defended their cities instead of having stacks "on call"

4. so far... only 6 enemies left

its amazing how you won already... i cant play for a while though

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    OK the year 2300AD I have two Transports in front of Agros loaded with a total amount of ten Marines, just land them in Agros and the game is won.

-Martin
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    purple already hated me b/c they and i are both on that island. purple's city on dutch's ilse revolted to Mayan and i musterd an allegiance with the one city nation.
    Why you didn't take the city, if a city revolts in CTP2 all the units in are destroyed, so it was empty.

the greeks gave up the allegiance easy... but no one will give me any advances i have the worst sci and 7th even w/ 3 wonder
    Can you already build spies if yes use them.

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    yo... if anyone wants to know... heres how im doing

the polynese(purple) attacked the dutch(orange) and took the Dutch's smallest city.
    by the time i lauch my first longship, the dutch already built the ramajana, the aristles place(what'dou call that, and the haga sofia. with many peacemeal attacks, i've conquer(long lost) that city many times over. the thing was... few unit were defending the city... but there were two 12stack just outside. finally... w/ one big push, i took the city for good. The first stack that tried to retake the city lost and the other ran... so much for moral .
    i just discovered gunpowerer + canons + the ship of the line one. the greeks (green were already in indy )were already in indy ang w/ railroads. luckily... i threathened them into an allegiance!
    purple already hated me b/c they and i are both on that island. purple's city on dutch's ilse revolted to Mayan and i musterd an allegiance with the one city nation.
    oh yeah... i built a fortification just out side purple's caital but i have to get a unit over there... the AI were building fortifications too
    didn't biuld any wonders myself yet... by the time i could leagally start... the AI already built it... ny wonders build list is always empty

so far so good... started bad b/c of barbs but havent seen them since

the greeks gave up the allegiance easy... but no one will give me any advances i have the worst sci and 7th even w/ 3 wonder

oh yeah... i couldnt fit more the seven on the starting island

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    Originally posted by Maquiladora
    As i understood it, thats what the unofficial ranking was for. If you restart the game because you lost your second city to a barbarian, that isnt such a big deal. But if you continually reload a turn or worse, restart the game just because something happened you didnt prepare for, then it should be only entered into the unofficial ranking.
    DONE... i didn't get far before any how

Leave a comment:

• TheArsenal
    replied
    Originally posted by Maquiladora

If you lost 4 cities on that main first island that would leave you with around 2/3 cities? I built 7 cities on the main first island, i think you would be able to retake those cities within enough time of rebuilding.
    Its about 450 AD and I am at 9 cities. I jammed 8 cities on the Island of the Mighty Viking Nation and have managed to mount a cross water attack to take Argos which was in the hands of the Barbarians. Early in the game, when I thought my land was Barbarian free, I left a city undefended which they destroyed and I rebuilt. Right now I'm third from the bottom overall and lagging behind in the important military and science categories. Fun game though.

Leave a comment:

• centrifuge
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Gühmann

I can only submit one game, so what should I do if I lose half of my empire? Or what is this method just using slaveres to increase your city size to extremly high numbers waiting until they will revolt and form a new nation and then you conquere them. Or what is if all your cities in the early game are conquered by Barbarians will you submit this conquerd by force loss?

-Martin
    In the 2nd tournament game, creating a "new cheat" was of course not my intention. I was simply playing with the features that the mod provided. Yes, this caused a lot of revolts, and boosted the score, but the intention of taking slaves was definitly not to cause revolts. All of the revolting was a supreme pain in the a$$ believe me. After getting to the point that I had the max cities for my government, I had three choices killing all of the inhabitants of the newly conquered cities, expanding my empire, or enslaving. Since, I didn't want to expand my Empire to far past the max for the government, I chose slavery. This way at least some benefit would come from conquering the cities, and I wouldn't feel quite so Evil.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X