X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheArsenal
    replied
    Originally posted by Shadow
    It's great knowing I'm in some form competing against other human players - Good luck folks!

Shadow
    I can already tell I won't win this tourney (I'm around 1500 AD), but what is interesting is that knowing there are other people playing the same game is pushing me to play far more aggressive far early than I usually do. I usually sit back and defend, taking a city here and there until I switch over to a Communist government and start rolling out the units.

Second good thing is this tourney let me check out GoodMod, which I probably wouldn't haven't gotten around to for awhile. Turns out GoodMod's well ... a good mod. I'll be playing it more.

Leave a comment:

• HuangShang
    replied
    Re: I'm about to throw my damn monitor...!

Every 3 turns or so EVERY unit in all my cities automatically activates. I'm gunna go insane if it keeps doing this... it's driving me nuts!

Any ideas folks?
    yo... just to let Martin and the rest of you know...
    this happened to me everytime someone(darn polys ) pillaged or pirated my property
    hope the download helps
    Last edited by HuangShang; August 7, 2002, 12:20.

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Forgot the attachment. Sorry.

-Martin
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied

Every 3 turns or so EVERY unit in all my cities automatically activates. I'm gunna go insane if it keeps doing this... it's driving me nuts!

Any ideas folks?
    Actual this should only affect the AI, but obviously something went wrong, I got this problem in my game one time in the late game, so in most cases the code doesn't affect the human player (even if it should never affect the human player ).

In the attachment you can find the a fixed version of the better ai slic file just unzip it into your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder. Once you are in the game again just open the chat screen by pressing the apostrophe key and enter /reloadslic.

-Martin
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; August 7, 2002, 10:46.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    Hey JP,

The problem goes away. I have no idea what causes it, but it must just be something around that time period, as that's when I had it too. Now I'm at abuot 1700AD and all is fine.

Actually, it's all a bit too fine. I'm finding the AI a pushover... [shrug] Barbs have caused the most trouble. Although the Phoenecians did take one city that I've only just taken back.
    I repayed them by making one of their cities revolt to form a new empire, and before long I'm going to split an atom or two within their borders... i.e. roll some nukes into their territory.

It's great knowing I'm in some form competing against other human players - Good luck folks!

Shadow

Leave a comment:

• Jesper Portus
    replied

Any ideas folks?
    I have the same problem!
    0 BC I have big problems with my war against the polynesians. But in three turns I will have gunpowder!

So long
    Jesper Portus

Leave a comment:

• centrifuge
    replied
    Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
    Maybe they were already trading the copper with someone else for a while?

Maybe, but I don't recall any trade routes being visible

edit: any not ant
    Last edited by centrifuge; August 7, 2002, 11:55.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    I'm about to throw my damn monitor...!

Any ideas folks?

Leave a comment:

• ETB
    replied
    I take a stricter interpretation of the rules – I don’t replay any of my turns. I suppose that I would if the game crashed, but I haven’t crashed yet. But it’s already been mentioned before – we are in the tournament to have fun! I still need to get the Goodmod and the gamefile so I can start. How embarrassing that people are already finished and I have yet to begin!

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    Thanks Martin, you were spot on.
    I recall doing that before, simply forgot this time.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    Maybe they were already trading the copper with someone else for a while?

Leave a comment:

• centrifuge
    replied
    Hey Martin,

Good job on the Mod, so far in my tourney game, things have been going very smooth(bug wise). The only slight problem that I encountered was when I took over an Arabian city that had copper within the city radius... it showed up in the trade screen for a turn, and then disappeared, and stayed gone. I stopped playing after several turns, and got back to my game a little later and it was back I don't know what the deal was. Any ideas?
    Anyway, It was by no means a game breaker. I'm almost finished with the game. In case anyone's interested, I'm going the pacifist route this time ...

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Took CTP II completely off my system and installed the Activision patch, Modswapper, Super Apolyton Pack 2, and Goodmod2.

I seem to be getting a lot of SLIC errors that're minimising the game. The only thing I recall (should start writing them down I guess...) is something about "can'tsleeponroad"... no idea what it means...

I can still just maximise the game again though so I'm getting through it slowly, it's just damn annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

Shadow
    To get rid of all the error messages, go to your userprofile.txt, open it with any text editor and find there the line DebugSlic=Yes. Change it to DebugSlic=No. Alternativly you can download these debugged slic files from the attachment and unzip them into your ..\ctp2_data\default\gamedata\ folder so that the existing files will be overwritten. Once you are in the game again open the chat window and enter /reloadslic slic. That will make most of the DebugSlic=Yes errors disappear. Occasional you will get some slic errors caused by the GM1_diplomod.slc. Note that I am not shure if the PlayerCityCount function does the same like player[0].cities as it should do, but in this way I was able to get rid of all the array index 0 out of bounce errors caused by the airunit.slc.

-Martin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; August 5, 2002, 12:58.

Leave a comment:

• Shadow
    replied
    Took CTP II completely off my system and installed the Activision patch, Modswapper, Super Apolyton Pack 2, and Goodmod2.

I seem to be getting a lot of SLIC errors that're minimising the game. The only thing I recall (should start writing them down I guess...) is something about "can'tsleeponroad"... no idea what it means...

I can still just maximise the game again though so I'm getting through it slowly, it's just damn annoying. Anyone else having this problem?

Shadow

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by HuangShang
    how do you do all that separated qoutes?
    You could type every line by hand or use the copy and paste keys.

To copy a line just mark the line and press Ctrl + c then you go to a place where you want to have insert the line and press Ctrl + v. Of course if needed you can edit this line. By the way you can also copy and paste user names from the the side of the post in this way you can write the name correctly and you get also letters like ü.

Actual I started with quoting your post by pressing the quote button and use the copy and paste technique to split the huge quote in smaller parts.

2. oh yeah... there may have been more Mayan-like civs... so i may have over 6 enemies
    If you have the whole map then it shouldn't be a problem to see the whole map and you can find them, another way to find out if there are more little civs use the power graph on the side you find a list of all civs that are and were in the game.

3. hell yeah
    I thing last time it was worse. Just one more turn ....

-Martin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X