servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servers

Anyone else having trouble getting on servers today?finds servers but wont let me into lobby

Yep me too it just keeps doing the "joining server..." thing with the alink lobby and never ends.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

As i was saying, maybe we need to email gamepoint and ask them whats going on with the server? (i say 'we', but i emailed them last time the server died and got no response and i cant speak Dutch) Locutus?

Also keep checking,

Im not sure exactly what should show there, but for the working CTP1 server its this
        http://games.igateway.net/ or
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

BTW if anyone didnt want to play multiplayer or stopped playing because of the rush-buy bug, then take a look at all these cheats for Civ2 MP and you thought it was hard to spot one bug

all irrelevant if theres no servers though.....

Comment

ive tried emailing but i also dont get a reply.maybe I'll draw them a picture or something.lol

Comment

Yep, the servers are still down. Do you think maybe activision has stopped supporting MP?
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Activision Support said last time we hassled them, the servers are all 3rd party now, so any concern we have we should contact the providers of the servers directly which is strange for a game that promises MP on the box cover.

Comment

Maq,

That sound for nowadays quite normal. It is called outsorcing(sp?).............

Not sure though if it is good..........

Comment

There were a few official Activision servers to begin with and i suppose the fact that the company broke apart wouldnt have helped. I found a list of all the servers Activison used to have, i remember alot of those, if not all were CTP2 compatible in their time. http://lazyboy.multiservers.com/i82servers.html

It is understandable that they had to cut their servers at some time for a 4 year old game. Without knowing what choices they had for MP, if only there was direct IP play.

Comment

would be even better if they brought out call to power 3 with direct ip play.great game deserves another sequel.

Comment

There will be no Call to Power 3.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i didnt say there would be just that there should be

Comment

Working...
                          X