Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Server!

Apolyton.net is now pointing to the new server. Please let us know if you spot any oddities or have any suggestions for what to add to the site!
See more
See less

Lemuria Café II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any interest in a democracy game using the AOM expansion?
    "

Comment

• Once i've recieved my copy of AOM i'm available for the odd session, but i'm not around as often as i used to be. I think i might also want to spend some time getting the hang of AOM before going for the DG - just to familarize myself with its differences over CTP2.

Sounds like a good idea overall though
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• is there still interest? I never did a democracy game and started AOM which is pretty cool, so I'm willing to give it a go.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

• What about using the latest playtest? Its seems very stable now as I have yet to have a CTD.
          Might even use your build along with new tweaks you have come up with.

Comment

• i will voice opinions as a citizen, but as a HS senior, i have little time left after college apps

Comment

• I also would be interested as a lurker citizen. I don't have a command of the game to be offerring many opinions, but I am interested.
              Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• It's been a while since I have been in a DG, and if this gets going, then I'm definetly in
                The Chuck Norris military unit was not used in the game Civilization 4, because a single Chuck Norris could defeat the entire combined nations of the world in one turn.
                - Chuck Norris Facts

Comment

• What Tamerlin said about sums it up, "the Succession Game is IMO a more suitable format for CtP2 and its community". Although if by some miracle there does happen to be enough people, ill be around as a citizen.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I'd play.
                    "

Comment

• So I'm seeing 7 (counting myself) interested, thats pretty decent size for Ctp2...

I'm up for a succession game or a DG. But I havent played a DG before and wanted to give it a shot, does anyone know what we have to do to start and how many?

I'd like to use the playtest as well. Anyway we can test drive it I think is best. And I have seen AoM work with my playtest version, that might make an interesting game...

Comment

• I dont think 7 is enough for a DG, or anywhere near. In the last game there were at least 8 solid posters for government positions, then quite a few citizens.

Perhaps you could have some kind of DG/SG, with each person assigned a position and decides on each part of government, if more than 2 other players disagree there is a vote or something, and probably each person takes turns to play the game every 10-20 turns, but you have to follow the orders, rahter than going your own way in a standard SG.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• hmmmm.... maybe we ought to just try for a AoM SG, but using the playtest.

Comment

• In that case it might be best to wait for Stans final update to Ages of Man, which from what ive read will include AI cross-water invasions, among other things.

Comment

• good point. i guess we'll start something once thats out

Comment

Working...
                              X