Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Bytheway
    replied
    Good work . The mountains look a little wierd, and the swamps too, but I like the rest - the forests especially.

As for getting the borders working... If you only altered the terrain graphics and not the border graphics or any of the rules, then I don't know. Perhaps someone else can help, and it would probably be more likely if you posted the tile file (or rather, uploaded it somewhere, because I'm fairly sure it's too big to post).

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    another test shot, still the square tile prob on my homemade swamps and in the tundra....

Anyhow I think this terrain will look nice and attract some people after the source code comes out.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    Ok here is a test of the new Ekmek terrain. My tiles were large and I assumed that the old ctp2 borders would show up even though I didnt have the black spots on the file, but it looks like it didnt. How do I get the borders to show up to smooth out the terrain?

I didnt make any changes to the tile file script (I'm using IW tikefile from the downloads section to chane terrain by the way).

I'm not making changes to the beach or water tiles.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Martin the Dane
    replied
    If someone solves the last block, let me know, and I'll try to make an interface for it in TileEdit, but let's keep that discussion to the TileEdit thread or start a new thread.

Martin the Dane

Leave a comment:

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Mc
    Martin hared about the source code we could find out what the last block is about
    Well I replaced the green hills with purple hills the result was that you had groups of green hills on the map nevertheless. I guess the last block has to do something with the groupage of these green hills.

-Martin

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    Martin hared about the source code we could find out what the last block is about

Leave a comment:

• Martin the Dane
    replied
    Btw. you can save the tileimages from the tilefile as bmp, tga, or jpeg directly from TileEdit, no need for screen shots.

Leave a comment:

• J Bytheway
    replied
    And I advise attaching it rather than putting it in webspace as Big Mc explains, so that people who visit this thread in the distant future still get to see it.

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    Originally posted by E
    edit: How do I get the screen shot to show up in the reply?
    Save it as a jpeg, gif or png file, then when you attach it, it will show up under your post.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    you have to add it to some web space and then type the location of the pic into the image box when replying.

note jpeg are good as some formats cant be used

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Very nice

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    no prob, but I want to finish up the graphics. Just going through the tile file I realize I'll have to make a few more tiles to do a full replacement. But just from the preview in tileedit it'll make ctp2 nice and terrain worth fighting for.

edit: How do I get the screen shot to show up in the reply?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ekmek; July 31, 2003, 10:29.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    Dont forget to give us a preview

Leave a comment:

• Ekmek
    replied
    great worked on it a bit, got some snow mountains looking nice.

Leave a comment:

• Maquiladora
    replied
    I think Bigmc means the load button?
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X