Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stankarp
    replied
    Fixed the problem, found it will play in the other drive as well and that does not turn continuously.

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    I have bought a new Pentium 4 and found that when playing the game, or even with a different audio cd, the cd rom is operating continuously while playing the music, whereas with my Pent 3 and Pent 2, the cd played the music without operating continuously.

The CTP2 cd actually became warm after a while in the P4.

Is there something I can do to get to play like it used to in the P3 and P2?

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    Thanks,

Now I have to find my way to a music shop and look for some CD with war movie themes, or blockbuster themes.

Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• J Bytheway
    replied
    Originally posted by stankarp
    If I create a music cd with the tracks the same name/numbers as the ctp2 cd, then it should do the same?
    If you alter ctp2_data\default\gamedata\playlist.txt then the new CD tracks need not even have the same numbers.
    Last edited by J Bytheway; May 7, 2003, 10:51.

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    Thanks,

I played 3hrs, play testing my new cradle mod, with ctp1 music as background tonight. Interesting change. Fired up the game, after it started, replaced the ctp2 cd with the ctp1, after about 60 seconds it decided it was too quiet and started playing the ctp1 tracks.

If I create a music cd with the tracks the same name/numbers as the ctp2 cd, then it should do the same?

Thanks for your help

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    What Zaphod said, except that the playlist is stored in playlist.txt in the default\gamedata folder.

So in your case you could just add more tracks to the CD and just add them to playlist.txt to make sure they are actually being played. But I'm not sure how much room for this there is on the CD, can't image it's an awful lot...

I also think that if you would use a non-CD hack, you can insert the music CD even before launching the game. But I'm not entirely sure of that as I always use WinAmp for the music myself. That may be an easier (and certainly more flexible) solution for you as well, if you want a wider selection of background music. IMO the best part about that is that the music keeps playing if you alt-tab to 'poly during the game

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    Thanks.

I wanted to add a bit of thump to the CTP2 music, after all if U are conquering the world, the music needs a bit of thump, maybe the 1812 overture and the theme from Zulu and Ben Hur

Leave a comment:

• Zaphod Beeblebrox
    replied
    Originally posted by stankarp
    Do you mean fire up the game then once started, replace the ctp 2 cd with a music cd?
    yep that works, though it will only play the tracks 2 to (dunno, # of tracks on the ctp2cd) unless you edit the playlist (in userprofile iirc)

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    Hi Locutus,

Can you elaborate a bit pls.

Do you mean fire up the game then once started, replace the ctp 2 cd with a music cd?

I was thinking of burning a new ctp2 cd, firstly adding to the existing tracks on the cd. So when the game played a particular track, it would be twice as long with, say, a ctp 1 track added.

Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• child of Thor
    replied
    Or you can put the CTP2(or1) cd in a normal music cd player and simply skip track1 - it will play all the music traks on the cd, i sometimes relax with a good book this way(as the music is very soothing!)

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Actually, you can replace your CtP CD with some other CD as well and the game will simply play the music on that other CD...

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• J Bytheway
    replied
    You'll have to play the music with some other program in the background whilst you're running CTP - CTP itself won't play anything but the tracks on the CD.

Leave a comment:

• Aias
    replied
    I don't know about using your own music in CTP2. All I know about was getting the music from the disk. Hopefully, another friendly Apolyton source can help you out on that one.

Leave a comment:

• stankarp
    replied
    Ok, I have downloaded audio grabber.

How do I get the ctp2 game to play my revised music once I start up the game?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X