Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin Gühmann
    replied
    OK finally I found some time to test your latest version, John.

First I made a *.ces file for the specattack.txt. I would like to be to put everything like I want between the fields. The original file has a new line for every entry, it has two fields, without a new line in between so far I was only able to generate a file with two spaces in between of the two fields.

Another bug I found is that it doesn't work anymore to open another file of the same type. I get instead of the second file an error message:

Laufzeitfehler '1100':

Failed to provide interface when initializing FileAccess

Laufzeitfehler -> RunTimeError

Another but small problem I found is that if I open the Open... file box and press the Cancel button I get a File not found error message. The same is true is I press the cancel button on the Read from gamefile.txt box.

-Martin
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• J Bytheway
    replied
    New in version 0.5.0:

- Added sort tool
    - Refined the GL tool further to get you even more space should you need it, and considerably sped up the interface refresh rate
    - Added support for editing Newsprite.txt (This necessitated changing the project file format *again*, so projects from prior versions will no longer work - please reload from *_gamefile.txt
    - Extended the GL template system, adding further syntax and the abilityto use script files to automate things further
    - SLIC template processor tool (using the same (newly extended) template system as the GL)

Still on the to do list (down to just 9 things now - sorry about the continued lack of multi-language support):

- Add error checking systems to allow you to track down problems before you crash CTP2.
    - Option to hide fields which are superfluous or always set to the same thing (e.g. Branch in advance.txt).
    - Dropdown list for field values with only certain options like CanSee:.
    - Multi-language support.
    - Track modification to remove unnecessary overwrites on export.
    - Make it possible to see more than one of a multiple field at once.
    - Support for DiffDB.txt, map.txt.
    - Multi-entry copy/cut/paste/delete.
    - Make project files portable by saving relative paths rather than absolute ones

Leave a comment:

• J Bytheway
    started a topic CTPEd 0.5.0beta

CTPEd 0.5.0beta

Time for a new thread...
    (Old thread at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=50102 )

OK, I've been working away slowly at this for a while and am now prepared to release another version.

CTPEd will (should!) allow you to edit many of the various CTP2 data files (advance.txt, etc.) through a graphical interface to speed mod development, decrease the chance of errors and help in any other way I could think of and have had time to code.

Other features of note:
    - A Great Library (GL) tool which allows use of templates to quickly generate many GL entries.
    - The ability to quickly make mass changes to entries in a data file.
    - A sorting tool to rearrange the entries of a file
    - A means to easily generate repetitive SLIC code

Should be available at:

(current version 0.5.0beta - check the last available update on the thread and if that is a later version then download it after this)

Unzip to a temporary directory and run Setup.exe. The setup program is a bit crummy but appears to work. The default install path is in Program files - but I recommend you change this to something like [Your CTP Path]\ctp_data\CTPEd\, but it's up to you.

Or, if you want an update to a previous version use:

Have a go, but remember:

READ THE README before you start! It will not correctly execute until you have followed the instructions therin.
    If this screws your computer up, I'm sorry but hard luck. Backups are always a Good Thing.
    This is tested only under Windows XP.
    This is a beta version. Expect bugs.
    READ THE README!

Feedback always welcome. Bug reports and any other comments to this thread, or if you prefer privacy to jjb48@cam.ac.uk
Working...
X