Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Mc
    replied
    I thought this was going to put it on a scenario not the full game if your trying to put it in the game that's a few more lines of code and I hate doing slic.

It's taken my a week to get this far

any way it is easy to do but i would need a start advance to start this up like the ecotopian advance or something.

any way ill try to set up two versions for you.

the big mc

Ps am i in a time warp or is it 2000 were you come from because its 2001 over here.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    I thought this was going to put it on a scenario not the full game if your trying to put it in the game that's a few more lines of code and I hate doing slic.

It's taken my a week to get this far

any way it is easy to do but i would need a start advance to start this up like the ecotopian advance or something.

any way ill try to set up two versions for you.

the big mc

Ps am i in a time warp or is it 2000 were you come from because its 2001 over here.

Leave a comment:

• steve.wray
    replied
    No, in my experiment there was no barbarian city.
    I hope this isn't a real problem! They usually don't have one...

> Why a cleric when you have a televangelists?

Depends on whats available to other civs; it would seem daft to have the terrorists showing up with televangelists when no actual civs have them.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    A bit a go I did some research into making new orders (this was only a Small success)

I managed to find a way to delete, add and modify (to a limit)
    Any special attack I can remember something about the cost of an attack some wear.

I will send you the terror glider the nexts chance I have on going online this is a unit a bodged together from a spy plane.

It has the basic controls of slaver bio infect and a few others.

The other type of unit I developed was the siren a kind of hi tech spy.

When you did your experiment did the barbarian unit have a city?
    For some of these special events a unit needs a city to make it happen.

I Think I have already got past your so called problem what we have to do is set it up so that the unit does not use the barbarian nation flag but a national flag of its own and then change the nation to read terrorist or (dark green peace) or something like that.

I will have a look to see if they work.
    Why a cleric when you have a televangelists?

Me Big Mc

Leave a comment:

• steve.wray
    replied
    I was thinking infector, corporate branch, lawyer, ecoterrorist maybe cruise missile... clerics and televangelists. Spy could be good to incite rebellion.

Thats more than 4 but just chew it over.

Couple of thoughts spring to mind;
    Some special attacks make no sense for the barbarians (eg spies stealing tech, corporate branch stealing productivity).

I tried editing a barbarian infector into the game but it just stayed where it was, so I gave the barbarians some cash, and it just walked around.

These attacks do cost money and the barbarians typically have none. Maybe they can be scripted so they can do the attack with no money or maybe script the barbarians some cash?

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied

I am chasing all the bugs out of the script at this moment.the number of units that will be done by a random Command so it will be any number the computer likes.and what they are are also random you pick 4 units and the probability you like.

the number of units that will be done by a random Command so it will be any number the computer likes.and what they are are also random you pick 4 units and the probability you like.

as for the units these are easy to change even in slic I will give you a help file so it won't be so hard

What I want to know from you is what four units were you thinking about,

The Big Mc

Leave a comment:

• steve.wray
    replied
    This sounds great!

Do you think that its possible to set it up so that the type and number of units is easily configured? ie: in a config file rather than in a slic script?

The other thing I wonder is if the AI can do anything useful with barbarian 'special' units!

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    I had a look at the magnificent samurai scenario it looks so easy all I have to do is take out the by movement bit and replace it with the start of the turn bit.:d

Then I Decided To be clever and have a hippy van come up after a bit and steel your city or make all the citizens really up set.

what I want to now now is how do you get a aircraft carrier full of planes to appear, or put some real hippy in the car,(using the Indians sprites from ctp 1)

I will be away next week so I will try to get to a computer no promises)

the Big Mc

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    I will have a go. it will be a good thing to put in my scenario so i will possibly post it to you. actually i am a bit scared of slic too.

Have you had a look at my question yet.

Leave a comment:

• steve.wray
    replied
    Thanks for the offer!
    Actually, I'm really not much of a programmer, and the thought that I'd have to get into the scripting puts me off... I'd hoped it might have been a simple parameter somewhere

I guess what I'm hoping now is to be able to inspire someone who has the appropriate skills!

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    I had a Look at the slic again but could not find anything of use.

At the moment I am making a future scenario after 2300 I have built up a set of new units and had an idea. I made a unit which could carry land units around the place ( like the cargo helicopter in ctp2)
    the idea I had was at random intervals the enemy could get reinforcement using this capsule.

It may improve the AI aggressiveness if the capsule land near one of my cites I think you may be able to use this for the barbarians
    if you use the monsters of the magnificent samurai scenario you may be able to have a barbarian attack like a space raid with the capsule landing near one of your cites and the monsters attacking it.

If you like this idea let me know I will let the capsule be available to you for download.

any way I will look at the slic agin and again until I can get my idea working .

will you put the slic on line when you have finished I may be able to use it on my scenario

The Big Mc:

Leave a comment:

• player1
    replied
    Yes, it must be done through SLIC.

Normally COMP. select barbarians depending of their Attack Bonus (look in risks.txt), but special units don't have one (Attack 0).

Leave a comment:

• steve.wray
    replied
    hey cool! I'll look at that!

Maybe a scenario, maybe a game.
    I just think the barbarians should be a threat in any age;
    they just have to change their manner of operation,
    just like in real life!

Leave a comment:

• The Big Mc
    replied
    hello

Nice timing

I have a question is this for a scenario or the main game, if it is for a scenario you may want to look at the script file for The Magnificent Samurai. they have a small amount of slic coding which means that a group of barbarians appear when you move.

you can select what kind of barbarians you want and the chances of them appearing.

I hope this is helpful for you.

THE BIG Mc

Leave a comment:

• steve.wray
    started a topic Changing type of barbarian units?

Changing type of barbarian units?

(oops I posted this to the other group accidentally, I guess it belongs here. Don't flame me its warm enough already for this time of year!)

Has anyone got any pointers on how to change the type of unit that barbarians turn up with?

I note that the unit type changes thru the game; can this be hooked into?

My idea is that in the modern age, barbarians are (ahem) 'terrorists'

barbarian infectors, spies, corporate branches (?) and worst of all eco rangers appearing within the borders of ones civilisation would be quite the challenge!
Working...
X