X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhuarc
    replied
    Sorry about that Alleycat. Guess I should have looked a little closer! Thanks for your help!

------------------
    DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda

Leave a comment:

• alley_cat
    replied
    quote:

Sorry about the question wiht the GL, I thought Wes had already updated the texts.zip file with your updates, so that was why I was wondering.

If you checked, you will see that in one of my preveious posts I told that the new build I sent to Wes (that was included in the latest texts.zip) only contained updated Advances, thats all

Leave a comment:

• Rhuarc
    replied
    Alley_cat,

I built my cities with the regular settler, but I'll check tonight and make sure that something weird is actually happening and it isn't just my imagination. Sorry about the question wiht the GL, I thought Wes had already updated the texts.zip file with your updates, so that was why I was wondering. Sorry bout the mix up!

------------------

Leave a comment:

• alley_cat
    replied
    quote:

ok, I'm not sure if these are glitches or if they are supposed to be that way, so somebody just tell me if I am wrong. After turn 180 when I build a new city it already includes in it things like granary's and city walls. I don't know if that is a glitch or not, but if it is supposed to happen like that then why don't the improvements show up in the city's inventory? They are no longer on the build list, and things like city walls show up, but they don't show up in the inventory list. Are they actually there or not? Abd is this how it is supposed to be?

It looks like you build this city with an Urban Planner that gives you a few improvements when you build the city
    quote:

Ok, second thing, when I click to build certain things the descriptions for them seem odd. For example, when I click the Hagia Sophia it says it will reduce the crime in my civ by 0%. The Great Wall will make -0% Military Readiness, and Aristotle's Lyceum will do +0% science. Are these wonders actually doing what it says they are supposed to? Or are those glitches in the description of them? If they are just errors in the descriptions that is ok, just as long as the wonders actually do something! I have only found wierd things like this dealing with the wonders and a couple of city improvements.

If you read all the readmes (and the forum espacially) you would know that these things are not ready yet in the GL. I'm working on the GL and I fixed these kind of stuff, sent it to Wes, and the next build of the Mod should include the fixed GL.

------------------
    Let people hear what they want to hear

Leave a comment:

• Rhuarc
    replied
    Jani

I know that some of the wonders do provide you with certain buildings in all of your cities, but I didn't think there was any wonder that automatically put city walls around your city. When I play it again tonight I'll get a full list of the buildings it automatically places in the city to see if they are being placed there by the wonders or not. Thanks a lot!

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Immortal Wombat
    replied
    Timeline: I had to look it up too The Paladin is a type of high-range artillery thats in development.

Wes: While Apolyton was down, I started making a simple, unanimated Paladin sprite, for myself really, but I realised I was making almost the same unit as Harlan had made in his WW2 pack, only he called it the German SP gun. I realise these are completely different times in history, would have slightly differetn colourings and ensigns(which don't matter in Civ), but in shape, they look almost exactly the same.

Ben

Leave a comment:

• janilxx
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Rhuarc on 04-03-2001 07:02 AM
    ok, I'm not sure if these are glitches or if they are supposed to be that way, so somebody just tell me if I am wrong. After turn 180 when I build a new city it already includes in it things like granary's and city walls. I don't know if that is a glitch or not, but if it is supposed to happen like that then why don't the improvements show up in the city's inventory? They are no longer on the build list, and things like city walls show up, but they don't show up in the inventory list. Are they actually there or not? Abd is this how it is supposed to be?

Some wonders gives you a free buildings to every city. For example Stonehenge(this might be wrong wonder) gives you granary to every city and after that granary does not show up in available buildings list. But they should be visible in city inventory(in city management screen)???

quote:

Ok, second thing, when I click to build certain things the descriptions for them seem odd. For example, when I click the Hagia Sophia it says it will reduce the crime in my civ by 0%. The Great Wall will make -0% Military Readiness, and Aristotle's Lyceum will do +0% science. Are these wonders actually doing what it says they are supposed to? Or are those glitches in the description of them? If they are just errors in the descriptions that is ok, just as long as the wonders actually do something! I have only found wierd things like this dealing with the wonders and a couple of city improvements. Well, I guess that is about all for this time. Thanks guys!

Great Library(and other helpfiles if there is those) is not ok yet and those wonders should work fine. Check that xls file and read the "manual"!

-Jani

Leave a comment:

• Rhuarc
    replied

Ok, second thing, when I click to build certain things the descriptions for them seem odd. For example, when I click the Hagia Sophia it says it will reduce the crime in my civ by 0%. The Great Wall will make -0% Military Readiness, and Aristotle's Lyceum will do +0% science. Are these wonders actually doing what it says they are supposed to? Or are those glitches in the description of them? If they are just errors in the descriptions that is ok, just as long as the wonders actually do something! I have only found wierd things like this dealing with the wonders and a couple of city improvements. Well, I guess that is about all for this time. Thanks guys!

------------------

Leave a comment:

• janilxx
    replied
    Few things...

I was doing a Wonder(Pyramids) and AI made it before I got it. Then I detected that I lost all the production points I had been using for the Pyramids. I had zero points after AI completed the wonder. Is that ok?

When someone completes a wonder I will get message to my screen. I read it and close the messagewindow. But then always "Msgs" tab in the bottom of the screen is RED. And when I open Msgs tab I see that there is only that one wondermessage that I have already read. And that message is written in gray. So could that red Msgs tab be changed to regular(black)?

Establish embassy(I or AI) sound plays two times every time.

-Jani

Leave a comment:

• Timeline
    replied
    Hello, I am back (finally). It took me forever to figure out how to get here. Apolyton changed the URL to this site (Duh Timeline, he he).

quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 03-30-2001 10:23 PM
    If you have the latest advances chart, you can see that the Info age extends until 2040, and that it shares the third-to-last column with the Genetic age. This means that War Walkers can come as late as 2040 in the timeline. This is still too early, and I would rather have a sprite like the Paladin being developed by the US Army, but I have to go with the sprites I have.

Wes, when you get back: Okay, I understand, nothing you can do I guess.

Hey, I know this is getting off topic but, what is the "Paladin"? It sounds very cool.

quote:

I may push the Fascist sprite back to the Mech. Inf. unit, and use one of the Ctp1 infantry sprites for the Stormtrooper. The Marine or Paratrooper would be the choices.

Are you saying you want to replace the (perfect) Mech. Inf. Sprite with the Fascist?! Agh!! You like that sprite, don't you?

I say keep the (perfect) sprite you have now for the Mech. Inf. - Replace the Stormtrooper sprite with either the CTP1 Paratrooper or Marine (I don’t know what these look like), and, here is my favorite part, DITCH THE FASCIST SPRITE he he . Anyone care to back me up?

Timeline

[This message has been edited by Timeline (edited April 02, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• alley_cat
    replied
    quote:

Lower crime rate in a communist state than in a democracy doesn't seem to reflect reality (I know that it's very difficult to get reliable numbers of crime rate in communist states)

Do you know history? Stalin, using his terror killed many many people who actually did nothing. He was paranoid (actually, the number of people killed because of him exceeds any figure you can make up in your mind). All of that made the U.S.S.R VERY efficient during Stalin's reign and there was almost no crime (although a great price was paid).
    This was only general history . Hope you arent offended
    [This message has been edited by alley_cat (edited April 03, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Starfighter08
    replied
    Walkerjonny thanks for your extensive explanation. Now at least I understand what is going on. Although I don't know if 2 mech. inf. units per city (35 cities) are considered more than just defensive. Lower crime rate in a communist state than in a democracy doesn't seem to reflect reality (I know that it's very difficult to get reliable numbers of crime rate in communist states). Again thanks for your explanation.

Leave a comment:

• walkerjonny
    replied
    Starfighter: (and some others, too)

About why science slows down:

Science is taken out of the gold reserves of your nation.

City Gold Production
    + Trade Gold Production
    ---------------------------
    National Gold Production

National Gold Production
    - City Improvements Upkeep
    - Military Upkeep
    Economized Gold
    - Wages & Criminal Loss
    National Gold Reserve

With the Science Percentage Control you are deciding how many percent of the Reserve you want to pay for Science

Because of the very high military cost and a higher criminal rate
    is the gold reserve economized by Virt. Dem. not that high than by Comm. when you have too many military units.

You can reduce the criminal rate with proper city improvements.

Less military units will increase the gold reserve.
    This is why Virt. Dem. should be used for peacefully Nations.
    Military should be used only for defending not for conquering in this case.
    Use it for science victory or diplomacy victory.

You can increase the City Gold Production by building proper tile improvements near the cities.

You can increase Trade Gold Broduction by building Caravans or Freight Transports and creationg Trade Routes

Wes:

I have the feeling that trading is very underweighted in this game. There should be much more goods on the maps and much more different good types.
    Also the payment for Trade routes should be a bit higher.

Is there any way to add modern goods whitch are produced by the Humans in the gameplay or to use the Urban Planner, Sea Engineer and/or the Settler or special Pioneer/Engineer units to search for goods on the map?

Does someone know about how to place other icons on the different tile improvement tabs and where to place them?

Further i need to know whitch is the right TGA compression app to add own pictures to the game.

Thanks a lot for your help!

regards
    Ewald
    [This message has been edited by walkerjonny (edited April 01, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• Starfighter08
    replied
    It's me again about future govs. Researching Solar Power takes 12 turns for Communism and 22 for Virtual Democracy. Am I the only one who finds that weird?

Leave a comment:

• alley_cat
    replied
    Well, I hope everybody are alive and breathing after this long Apolyton crash. I had to use many tricks in order to enter the forum and past this message. So lets all be happy that it is working again...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X