• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starfighter08
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by WesW on 03-20-2001 05:08 PM
    I had an awful time trying to get civs to show up right when I was using the scenario structure. I don't understand how you cannot choose the civ. What happens when you click on the civ's bar?

The empire and emperor name are that of the new civ, but when I click close the "settings screen" shows the civ that I've chosen before the added one (for example English).

quote:

Did this happen with a new game using last night's update? (Both have to be true, or you will continue to get the errors from the previous slc code.)

I've installed from scratch and the game where this problem showed was started with the 20th march version (no old game with new version!)

quote:

Use cheat mode to turn off the fog of war and see if you can figure out what is happening. Sometimes the borders behave strangely if you conquer cities or found them right next to another civ's border.
    Also, give some more info on the movement problem. Pinpoint the areas where things are not working correctly, and see if you cannot move when the unit has all of its movement points. Use cheat mode to create new units, close cheat mode, and then try to move them if need be. There were some problems with this in the miliita code weeks ago, so I am interested in hearing confirmed cases of this re-appearing.

Btw, someone asked about the debug slic line: You will still need to leave this set to "no". There is really no advantage to ever setting it to "yes", as far as I know.

There is an enemy (war or not does not make any difference here) size 1 city on this tile, but when I close with an army to capture it, the city turns invisible. I can't move to attack it and there seems also to be the ZOC of the city active. Btw the garrisoned troops are able to bombard me

New problem: I've discovered several Renaissance techs and then built new cities (previously had 15 cities for quite some time). In these new cities I'm not able to build bazaars (and no banks of course). Is that the effect of a wonder which "simulates" bazaars or what could be the reason?

Leave a comment:

• Huysmans_666
    replied
    Paul: Yeah but so does the cradle of civilization mod, did you install that one ?
    I did, works perfectly but it too overwrites stuff, I know I can't complain or anything but can modders try to take this into account that they don't let the original files be overwritten !

I love your work and all but leave the original files alone

Is this in any effect gonna change the way the original game plays ?
    Hope not !

No complaints further here .... swell job Y'All !

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    City graphics: I noticed that the Med Pack overwrites some of the game's original city sprites. The solution is easy: Wes should rename the Med Pack's city sprites and edit agecitystyle.txt.

Leave a comment:

• janilxx
    replied
    BUGREPORT / POSSIBLE SOLUTION!!!

I hope all modmakers will read my whole posting

This was tested with 20th march version. I just came to work and my hands are fu**ing cold so my text can be even worse than usually

I started new game and there were lags again in computer(AI) turns(those that are supposed to come from ruins). Lag times were two times ~75 seconds, 18 secs once and 2,5 minutes once. I started to study the second 75 secs lag better. By the way the 2,5 minutes lag IS WAY TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!

The lag was between 2nd and 3rd player(between orange and green). Fortunately I just saved before the lag. So I loaded my saveame again and entered to the cheat mode. I changed to the green player and checked what was going on.

First I counted his technologies. There were 6 of those(quite beginging of the game). Then I counted his troops. There were 7 of them(and two of them were scouts). And then I checked what was his only city building. That was shrine that would be ready after MANY turns.

I did not changed anything that green AI had been made and I ended the turn. Then I(as green player) got the message "We cannot afford to supply so many military units...".

Then I loaded my savegame again and played my turn(as myself(means blue player)). The lag appeared again(of course) and I waited until it passed. Next turn started. Cheat mode again and green player.

He was still building shrine. There was still 6 technologies. So no changes in those.

HERE IS THE BUG:
    There were message "We cannot afford to supply so many military units..." when I was playing as a green so I suppose this same situation came up to the computer when computer played now his turn. So I checked his troops if computer had deleted some units. BUT WHAT THE HELL! He had been increased one more scout unit!!! And I am sure he was not building scout because he was building shrine. So this code is a bug.

I suppose the code does now look something like:
    if too_many_troops_to_support then
    somehow_decide_what_troops_to_delete
    my_units.addUnit(the_unit_that_was_decided_to_delete)

That addUnit should be removeUnit(or something like that). Am I right? I suppose I am.

Maybe the code "somehow_decide_what_troops_to_delete" take a long time and causes lag or maybe computer gets confused because there were no resources to maintain all units and then one more unit is added.

This seems to be somekind of "customer tests" situation

--

Another thing about this same situation.

When I first cheated and checked what the green player was doing I saw one of his unit next to ruins. That unit had the movement path and that path was going to miss the ruins(unit was not going to the ruins). I did not change anything what the green player was decided. I used enter key to end the turn. The unit(that was next to ruins) did continue moving as the path was set. So hi missed the ruins.

I suppose that there should be a code that says:
    if there_is_ruins_next_to_me then
    go_to_ruins

And that "go_to_ruins" code would be ran alltimes. No matter if the path was se earlier or not. This way we would get all ruins out of the map early. And I think that if there is ruins it would be generally better to take them than leave them.

--

Last time I said that I only got militias to my first city. This time I got them to all cities. GOOD!

--

Someone told you(after I did told that to you first ) that militias were destroyed after phalanx was invented and no other militias appeared(so there were no militias anymore after phalanx). I got that error with 15th march version. I did not have time to play so long yesterday that I could check that. So I do not know if this is working with the 20th march version.

--

And finally one more thing.

I told you last time that I somehow got a parts of the maps from the middle of the darkness(for example 9 squares around the one city and that piece of map was in the middle of the black squares). I saw his happened again. When I was cheating and I looked orange player's maps. He had got somehow lilac -player's map(that meaned a map of 12 squares and one city in the middle of the black squares). And When I looked lilac player I saw that he had the orange player's map.

So it seems that orange and lilac players had been changed maps in the beginging of the game(in first turns(like in 20 first turns)). But how can they do so because it is absolutely sure that they have not seen each other???

So this means that diplomod(or some other codes) has the bug and it lets the AIs have discussions before they have met. This is absolutely a bug!!!

--

I suppose this was all again.

I start to wait a new version

-Jani

Leave a comment:

• Starfighter08
    replied
    Question: I modified MM2_civilisation.txt and MM2_civ_str.txt to add a new civ (also added 20 new city names). It appears on the empire selection screen, but I can't choose it to play. What am I doing wrong? BTW the same modicications of civilisation.txt and civ_str.txt worked perfectly for the original game.

I regret to report, that after inventing infantery tactics (phalanx) all spearman militias died off and no phalanx militias were built.

Additionally I wasn't able to move some units, although it had enough movement points (no ZOCs involved). It seems that there are "phantom cities" because I can't see anything and they expand the territory of the opponent and also curtail the radius of a newly built city of mine but I cannot see a fortification (tileimprovement) icon. Anybody else experienced this?

[This message has been edited by Starfighter08 (edited March 20, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• preacherman
    replied
    downloaded new text file started to play first city on grass with forest and river. When setting up Queue with 2 warriors a spearman and settler. settler was going to take 27 turns to build. when it started to build settler it took 50 turns. found settler in ruens and set up city 2 all grass with lake on one side in that city it is going to take 75 turns to build settler. NOT GOOD!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dekent
    replied
    ACK... I was playing the normal game (from the modswapper menu) and everything was going fine, till i conqured about 3 enemy citys..then all of a sudden...ALL MY CITYS TURNED TO CASTLES

Dunno if thats any help but it appears the problem slides into the regular version too, not just the mod...btw this has never happened before I used mod hehe

All in all great mod though, will own regular once its bugs are squashed

As for Finicial problems in the late game, I still have them in mass, I think the easiest fix would be just too give a few more buildings +money income...like docks or castle to help balance things out a bit

BTW is it a bug that some things (docks) have +0 defence?

Leave a comment:

• WesW
    replied
    DP. I may put something useful here later.
    [This message has been edited by WesW (edited March 20, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• WesW
    replied
    quote:

Originally posted by Starfighter08 on 03-20-2001 12:03 PM
    Question: I modified MM2_civilisation.txt and MM2_civ_str.txt to add a new civ (also added 20 new city names). It appears on the empire selection screen, but I can't choose it to play. What am I doing wrong? BTW the same modicications of civilisation.txt and civ_str.txt worked perfectly for the original game.

I had an awful time trying to get civs to show up right when I was using the scenario structure. I don't understand how you cannot choose the civ. What happens when you click on the civ's bar?

quote:

I regret to report, that after inventing infantery tactics (phalanx) all spearman militias died off and no phalanx militias were built.

Did this happen with a new game using last night's update? (Both have to be true, or you will continue to get the errors from the previous slc code.)

quote:

Additionally I wasn't able to move some units, although it had enough movement points (no ZOCs involved). It seems that there are "phantom cities" because I can't see anything and they expand the territory of the opponent and also curtail the radius of a newly built city of mine but I cannot see a fortification (tileimprovement) icon. Anybody else experienced this?

Use cheat mode to turn off the fog of war and see if you can figure out what is happening. Sometimes the borders behave strangely if you conquer cities or found them right next to another civ's border.
    Also, give some more info on the movement problem. Pinpoint the areas where things are not working correctly, and see if you cannot move when the unit has all of its movement points. Use cheat mode to create new units, close cheat mode, and then try to move them if need be. There were some problems with this in the miliita code weeks ago, so I am interested in hearing confirmed cases of this re-appearing.

Btw, someone asked about the debug slic line: You will still need to leave this set to "no". There is really no advantage to ever setting it to "yes", as far as I know.

Leave a comment:

• WesW
    replied

UPDATE ALERT: New text upate posted.

It contains that latest scenario.slc, so hopefully the militia bugs are fixed. A few other bugs and glitches are corrected as well.
    I tested it tonight, and all the triggers seem to be working properly, though I can't be sure about militia bugs when you trade for upgrade advances or obtain them thru huts.
    The unit heal trigger seems to be working properly, and the one which re-establishes embassies when you declare peace. The wonder trigger to take buildings out of your build list works now.
    I captured the Temple of Karnak from an AI tonight, and the Shrine disappeared from my lists. I didn't know I had conquered it until I investigated to see why I could no longer build Shrines. If the trigger was not in there, I would have kept on building them.

Well, I thought I had fixed the city sprite problem, but apparently not. I will try and see what I can do about the castles in the future. Just so you know, this problem is an unstability in the game itself, not the mod, so I can't promise anything.

I may have to lower improvement costs for the future improvements if they are way too high. If some of the rest of you play that far, let me know what happens with you. If costs are no problem, this needs to be reported just as much as a problem does.

Sometimes it seems that Settlers take too long when you start, but I actually lowered their cost from the original game, so you need to check your facts before making grandiose statements like that. Btw, I want you to know that I laughed out loud when I read your statement that beta means all the bugs are worked out.

There are a couple of other things I noticed in the last game that I will have to re-check, but we are getting closer to the finish line for the version 1 public release.

Leave a comment:

• HRuquet
    replied
    I have a question. Since I have installed this mod, I have played the original game but when I get to the Modern age only the cities I have build turn to modern cities, the cities I conquered stay the same. Why is that?

------------------

Leave a comment:

• Ganja
    replied
    Locutus - One other thing, do we still keep the DebugSlic=No in the userprofile.txt or do we change it back to Yes ?

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    Oh, damn. Sorry, I had accidentally left in some debug code. Fixed version can be found at above link. Thanks for pointing that out.

Leave a comment:

• Ganja
    replied
    Locutus - I just put the new scenario.slc in my default ctp2_data\default\gamedata directory and went to start a new game. I got these slic errors :

MM2_scenario.slc :359: Symbol globalValue is undefined
    MM2_scenario.slc :359: Symbol globalValue used in assignment has unknown type

MM2_scenario.slc :360: Symbol GlobalCity is undefined
    MM2_scenario.slc :360: Symbol GlobalCity used in assignment has unknown type

The errors occur as you boot up the game.

Any help????

Leave a comment:

• Locutus
    replied
    I fixed most, if not all, of the SLIC errors that have been reported so far. Until Wes updates the version on his website, you can download a fixed version of MM2_scenario.slc from my website.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X