Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Bear
    replied
    Not a bad idea if we could each get our starting positions shared with us at the same time - by private emails to each team of course. Then when time came for turn play we won't be each taking 48 hours serially.

Golden Bear

Leave a comment:

• DeepO
    replied
    Originally posted by Metaliturtle
    Suspense is good too DeepO...
    Sure, but there also is a limit to what amount of effort one team can pour in 24h. We want a timely turn progressing, and especially the first turn this is not going to hold.

Everybody will want more time for their first turn, and every team accepts that more time will be needed. But giving every team all the time needed will lead to the first turn taking 3 weeks or more... providing screenshots might reduce that first turn to 2 weeks, possibly even 1 week.

Just an idea, though. Not a demand... and certainly not the official GS view, just my personal opinion.

DeepO

Leave a comment:

• Krill
    replied
    I think the reason we could not have screenshots of our start location is that the start locations are random, ie, nobody knows where anyone will start, and giving everyone screenshots of everyone elses start positions is not acceptable...

Leave a comment:

• Metaliturtle
    replied
    Suspense is good too DeepO...

Leave a comment:

• DeepO
    replied
    Any reason to delay the release of starting positions screenshots? We might get started right now...

DeepO

Leave a comment:

• Arrian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Addled Platypus
    replied
    three cheers for sure

and thank you Paddy, I missed her green eyes

Leave a comment:

• snoopy369
    replied
    Originally posted by Daddy-O
    Thanks for the work and the update Snoopy369, but the land of Frozen Bananas might have worked into our game plan.
    Hehe, I did think when I saw it that you guys would probably have enjoyed that map quite a bit Too bad I didn't save a copy.

Leave a comment:

• NicodaMax
    replied
    Thanks and good job guys....
    didn't I read somewhere that it was the guys in the middle that get the shaft

Leave a comment:

• GeoModder
    replied
    Obligatory and to both Aeson and Snoopy369.

Leave a comment:

• Daddy-O
    replied
    Thanks for the work and the update Snoopy369, but the land of Frozen Bananas might have worked into our game plan.

Leave a comment:

• Krill
    replied
    Thanks Snoop, Thanks Aeson

Leave a comment:

• mrboo123
    replied
    Re: MP: C4DG Nearly Starting!

Originally posted by snoopy369
    • Continents, NOT custom continents. Trust me, CUSTOM continents looked horrid, and were never nearly balanced; on the other hand, Continents made a good map on the second try. Custom continents kept giving grids, like the one that was 6 continents in a dice pattern ... or the really cool but not good one that was one HUGE sprawly continent with a tundra-continent with Banana alone on it Although Continents is always risky, it ultimately made a much better map than anything we could get on Custom, so long as we previewed it.
    I compelety agree with the Custom Continents. They are horrblie looking, even benoyd gamey looking.

Anyways, thanks for all your guys' hard work getting off.

Leave a comment:

• Golden Bear
    replied
    Yes, like Paddy says, good job and thanks!!

Pre-start screenshots should help tide us over until we get started for real. We all can get our early game planning done in advance.

Golden Bear

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    You two are doing a sterling effort - thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X