X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrian
    replied
    RoyAL,

I started a thread w/poll in our forum (edit: well, that was the idea, anyway. NOW there is one on our forum ). We'll letcha know...

-Arrian

Leave a comment:

• RoyAl
    replied
    Hi notyoueither
    What's there to say? Not much more than I have, I'm afraid. Got Civ 4 about a week ago. Was/am attracted to the depth of the game. (Diplomacy, economics, warfair, culture and all the rest.) The official 2K Games Civ 4-site got me to Apolyton. I was searching for strategy tips n tricks, found Vel's strategy threads and signatures leading to the DemoGame. I read all C4DG group public threads.
    I started this tread because I wanted to follow the DemoGame as an outsider. Since that seems not possible without joining, I request membership of GS.
    I'm planning to stay out of sight for the time being. Just learning from the more senior members. 20 Odd members is a large group and I'm not looking for deity-status on sent-in forummessages, so I'll stay as much on the background as I can. (A single question may popup though). Maybe later, I might send in some comments, but only if I feel I can really contribute.

greetz

Leave a comment:

• notyoueither
    replied
    What can you tell us about yourself, RoyAl? What brought you to Apolyton? How long have you been around?

Leave a comment:

• RoyAl
    replied
    Lurker asking for permission to join.
    I'm new to Civ. Relatively new to strategy games, even. (Was more into FPS). And definately new to Demogames. (Yes, I'm an Ãœbern00b... )
    By joining I hope to see how you veterans approach playing Civ IV. To learn to play Civ (better).
    I've a steep learningcurve, so I even may be usefull someday...

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    Originally posted by notyoueither
    Slightly faster response this time.
    That is funny, I had forgotten that one. Thanks for the chuckle.

Leave a comment:

• notyoueither
    replied
    History Guy, Metaliturtle, and Vlad Antlerkov have to join the civgroup to be admitted.

Leave a comment:

• notyoueither
    replied
    Slightly faster response this time.

Leave a comment:

• vmxa1
    replied
    NYE if you have room on the rooster for another has been, please add me on.

I had not seen this until DeepO gave me a heads up and as I told him I will likely be nothing but dead weight.

None the less, I would like to be able to follow along. Hope the next game will not take two years though.

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
    * Enigma_Nova wishes Horde upon binTravkin
    Chances are they're gonna start right in the middle of a bunch of people, and whoever bribes them the least is going to get it.
    Hehe...we simply looking for a good market for our agricultural products. Simple farmers and Horse whisperers we be.

However, if you want to send us bribes......we will take them!

Leave a comment:

• Enigma_Nova
    replied
    /me wishes Horde upon binTravkin
    Chances are they're gonna start right in the middle of a bunch of people, and whoever bribes them the least is going to get it.

Leave a comment:

• binTravkin
    replied
    You're actually gonna start right next to horde!

Leave a comment:

• Enigma_Nova
    replied
    Oh boy...is it already time to get the flame retardant? Help!!
    * PLATO runs away!!
    "Hazardous Environment Suit mark IV, for use in hazardous forums. Offers protection against Flames, Retards, Seriousness and Foolishness. Be sure to keep your suit charged at all times."
    /me hands everyone a HEV suit

Who us? We a peaceful Horde now. Even learning about some strange art called "farming". Weird stuff!
    Warn us when you get the farming tech called "Civil Service", we'd like to claim that tech for our own somehow.

Must...be...peaceful...Horde...now!

Nah, be as violent as you want as long as it's towards someone else.

Leave a comment:

• PLATO
    replied
    Originally posted by Golden Bear
    This is cool. We have C3CDG people with scars and perhaps grudges and people from antidiluvian DGs with memories older than Buddy Holly lyrics (I actually know a lot of those, LOL). The intrigue ought to be tremendous.

Oh boy...is it already time to get the flame retardant? Help!!
    /me runs away!!

I visualize a game-ending WW on about turn 35.

Who us? We a peaceful Horde now. Even learning about some strange art called "farming". Weird stuff!

Let me know if there are any potential FWs I can use this gasoline (petrol for you, my friend Chris) on.

petrol...schmetrol! If you can't use it in "farming" then what good is it to us? Hmmm...wait...I do seem to remeber a chapter in the farming book on "slash and burn"...No wait!! Must...be...peaceful...Horde...now!

Leave a comment:

• Golden Bear
    replied
    Drat, did I miss a proto-flamefest (can of gasoline in hand)?

This is cool. We have C3CDG people with scars and perhaps grudges and people from antidiluvian DGs with memories older than Buddy Holly lyrics (I actually know a lot of those, LOL). The intrigue ought to be tremendous.

I visualize a game-ending WW on about turn 35.

Let me know if there are any potential FWs I can use this gasoline (petrol for you, my friend Chris) on.

Leave a comment:

• Enigma_Nova
    replied
    Originally posted by Arrian
    And I thought we were gonna let this **** lie. UnO, that's well in the past, back to the early part of the PTWDG. You *know* we changed later in that game. So why the potshot? Bored? Go write a story. You can probably even fit some more potshots into it.
    But he's right, you know. Why would you need to 'track an old member down' if they didn't show interest in the Civ 4 DG?
    If you really want to get over the previous game, accept that there will be different players in this one - some newbies will join, some oldbies will leave,
    and hopefully some leader won't delay the inclusion of said newbies until after he's tracked down the oldbies who aren't that interested anyway.

Though, Arrian is correct in that you should save the complaints about tardiness until someone becomes tardy.
    Since I'm not authorised to the forum, they could be having 3-page thread discussions about each of us with their old members - which would be important if the Stonemasons Stormians want to design their secret society well.
    ... or they could be doing nothing while waiting for some old inactive dude. Hopefully not.

Originally posted by Daddy-O
    BTW Team Banana is about fun. Drive by fruitings, and fun.
    Go Bananas.

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
    I could call the 'go write a story' a little pot shotty as well if I really wanted to for instance. Really find it quite witty.
    I laughed at it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X