X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.K
    replied
    well, what can i say, short and sweat

built two scouts then a warrior and quickly discovered the desperate situation i was in

i decided to try and attack the germans (as they were likely to attack me at some point anyway) i went in with 4 warriors and died to 2 spearmen - i think i got unlucky with the timing of his settler

anyway, i quit before the final blows hit home, but needless to say, england and babylon joined in against me and that was that

its a pity this game is such a tough start - im sure some good players will do well, my tactic may have worked if i had come across one spear in berlin

anyway, it maybe wise for someone to play the game in a little to check it offers a reasonable opportunity for novices to get started

just a thought, but thanks for the effort Bill

Leave a comment:

• Inverse Icarus
    replied
    the zulu blow. I'll deal.

the start blows. I'll deal.

Some great land that takes 12 turns to get to, only to have babylon colonize it all... I'll try to deal.

Germany going from Polite to declaring war... Getting mad.

1 archer killing 2 impis, denying me a golden age... real mad.

same archer taking out another impi and Zimbabwe, bye bye game.

Leave a comment:

• punkbass2000
    replied
    Well, as promised, I have lost already, with a score of about a hundred. This is due to a number of factors:
    1. I usually play Regent, and Monarch tends to kick my ass
    2. I was the Zulus, who I don't think anyone thinks is a good civ, based on the top civ choice threads. I think they're down there with the English
    3. Bad start. As anyone reading this thread knows, the start isn't great. The capital is decently placed, but there isn't very many places to go. I usually play a bad start any way, but I'm just saying.
    4. I started a war with the Babylonians based on the idea that I thought I would be able to take Babylon with just a few archers. I was wrong.
    5. For some reason, shortly after making war with the Babs, everyone on the continent demanded huge sums and subsequently went to war with me upon refusal. Except for the Indians, who chickened out after their demand was turned down.

Here's a save of me about to lose:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• BillChin
    started a topic Unofficial April results and spoilers

Unofficial April results and spoilers

Please post spoilers and finished games on this thread. Please do not read this thread until you have seen the world map, or have played up to 10 A. D.

If you have not downloaded the game, the file is in this thread:

For finished games, include your nickname, your score, type of victory (or defeat) and a zip file of the save game. I will tabulate results as they come in and update every now and again.

The goal posts are highest overall score, fastest victory for Conquest, Cultural, Domination, Spaceship, and highest Diplomatic score. Please no reloading or restarting or using exploits. 1.17f exploits include joining workers to cities for the purpose of pop rushing, scout resource blocking, endless ship hopping for land units.

This month's game is random civ, standard size map, random barbs, random map type, eight opponents, default 1.17f rules. If you need the patch go to:

Enjoy.
Working...
X