X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShuShu
    replied
    I agree...

That while city farms will be murder on corruption, I think they are probably an excellent way to get 100,000 total culture on any difficulty. Just haven't tried it since I am still having fun playing the game without testing old exploits.

Leave a comment:

• bongsaways
    replied
    1st, 2nd and 3rd levels I have done a culture victory quite easily. I started to turn the option off to win that way (didn't want the game to end so soon).

Having a diffacult time doing it on the harder levels of course. Seems impossible, although I have come sort of close to doing it a few times.

I plant my cities pretty close to each other, I know this helps. Some cities are just 2 squares from each other, most are 3. Playing warmonger/chieftan levels, you'll achieve a culture victory fairly quick doing this (I seemed to alwasy get it halfway through industrial age). Just build infrastructure like crazy. Quite often I'll set the research to 0% for 3 or 4 turns or so, get a bunch of money, jack up the research again, hurry up universities and such.

Leave a comment:

• ShuShu
    replied
    That is my personal experience as well...

Cultural victory by single city is a time dependeant thing. At the lower levels I was able to build almost all the wonders in my capital. Even so, the cultural victory didn't come till the twentieth century.

At the higher levels, the AI researches at a faster rate and this has two side effects.

1) You can't build as many wonders in the same city.
    2) Space ship construction begins before the American revolution because of tech trading.

This has the effect of quashing the single city cultural win at higher levels.

Leave a comment:

• KithrupFugitive
    replied
    Originally posted by Herr David
    Neither one is likely to happen, though... if you're far enough to have 100k culture AND twice as much as your next opponent, you're already big enough and so prosporous that domination shouldn't be far off.
    The likelihood of a cultural victory is something that I think depends on difficulty level and map size. Certainly on the lower difficulties on a huge map I have obtained victory by culture without really firing a shot meaning a domination victory was nowhere near.

Reading the posts here it seems like domination, conquest and space race victories are far more common than cultural on Monarch and above.

Leave a comment:

• Herr David
    replied
    Neither one is likely to happen, though... if you're far enough to have 100k culture AND twice as much as your next opponent, you're already big enough and so prosporous that domination shouldn't be far off.

Leave a comment:

• Sublime
    replied
    OR, you can get 100k between all of your cities, and have 2x the culture of any AI civs.

-Sublime

Leave a comment:

• Herr David
    replied
    Get one city with a culture value of 20k

AFAIK that's all.

Leave a comment:

• Worthingtons
    replied
    I want to know this too, I've never won by Culture, and in a current game have a very good culture, and would like to know if I have a good chance...

Leave a comment:

• urania_137
    started a topic Cultural victory

Cultural victory

Well, what exactly do you need for a cultural victory? How many culture points or what? I'm confused... (as if not giving any indication in "demographics" etc how close you are to domination victory isn't enough... Another one of those little niggles that Civ 3 really doesn't need.
Working...
X