Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catt
    replied
    I've played peaceful games where I have no desire to expand offensively and used them to good effect along a border, even a long border. The hordes of workers used for RRing can be put to good use building forts and then barricades along borders - an infantry or two in each barricade basically makes your empire impervious, especially with a back-up of some roaming defenders and some defenasive artilleries. Just a question of whether it makes economic sense to pay upkeep on the barricade-manners rather than maintain a much smaller force capable of responding where and when needed.

I use them a lot less frequently before RRs if only because I don't usually have the gobs of workers needed to build them free and available (i.e., there are often more important tasks that demand attention).

Catt

Leave a comment:

• pauli
    replied
    i often use them as a safe spot to let injured units heal, if i don't have a city nearby. this requires a pitched battle, however...

Leave a comment:

• geniemalin
    started a topic Use of Fortresses?

Use of Fortresses?

Other than very rarely using them on a 1-wide isthmus (and even then I usually use cities rather than fortresses) I haven't found fortresses or barricades to be useful at all. The enemy just bypasses them and I am left wasting military units sitting in them to avoid the enemy taking them!

I would appreciate any advice on how to actually use them effectively...
Working...
X